Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Any pattern-holics here?  I gave up fabric some time ago, >
  • Any pattern-holics here? I gave up fabric some time ago,

• Any pattern-holics here? I gave up fabric some time ago,

Old 08-08-2012, 12:18 PM

oh dear me too. Pictures of quilts in my word doc just ready to be made. Print out from the internet just waiting to be used. Mags, books, ideas in my head (Is that the noise during the night?) and paper patterns in cute little plastice bag fromthe LQS that I bought with the ruler I have to find to make the pattern...ugh. But I have a solution. Have a friend that is a beginner. Think I'll give the stuff that I know I'll never use to her with the understanding at some time I may need to borrow it back! LOL
    Old 08-08-2012, 12:55 PM

Oh goody, I don't have to talk about how much fabric I have. I get to talk about the 4 shelf bookcase full of six years of subscriptions to quilting magazines (all of them), plus the 3 bookshelves of nice hardbound quilting books, plus the 4 drawer file cabinet full of those halfpage packaged patterns, plus the 5 shelf bookcase of all the softbound books of all kinds, including knitting and crocheting, plus the file folders on the computer full of patterns I've pulled off the net, plus the half finished projects I've got laying around, plus the - oh yeah, that's it. Whew! Got any more obsessions you wish to talk about?
    Old 08-08-2012, 12:59 PM

I also have knitting and crocheting patterns, hooks, needles, and so much yarn. I belong to a charity group that makes afghans for the needy but when I do those I use THEIR yarn. I have a lot of fabric too but it seems when I want to quilt something I have to go out and buy more.
    Old 08-08-2012, 01:18 PM

Count. Me in I have 4 notebook binders full of copies from the Internet as well as store bought
    Old 08-16-2012, 07:35 PM

ME too. I'm right there with you. But I keep patterns in sheet protectors and have them in categories so to speak.
    And the quilty magazines I subscribe to and that's all of them, go into a sheet protector as well into a notebook and I lable it by Magazine name. Then I have an index in the front of each binder with special patterns and which mags they are in....
    PAS.....sign me up for that club. LOL
    And if I were as talented as Ghostrider and others, I would still have to have them. I share......
    Now I'll quietly sneak over to the pattern book and add the other three I bought this week.......
    Old 08-17-2012, 10:49 AM
    Power Poster

Love the Pattern Acquisition Syndrome (PAS) name. sigh..... Just ordered another quilt book.

Maybe I need a PAS intervention!!!
    Old 08-17-2012, 11:16 AM

OK -- I sketch patterns and use EQ7 when I can (though about half of my quilts can't be created in EQ). I Do have a bunch of patterns, books and magazines and a bunch of patterns that I downloaded because I liked the pattern or the setting. Hmmmm.... I guess that means I have PAS.
    Old 08-17-2012, 02:38 PM

Wow, ArtsyOne, you must be my twin!!! Everything you describe is me. I have several copies of books. They are always changing the cover. I don't think there is any help for us.
    Sue
    Old 08-17-2012, 07:52 PM

Originally Posted by gramarraine
    I have way too many patterns that I have cut from magazines that I don't want to keep. I am going to go through my patterns soon and have a big cleaning day.
    Same here... right after I clean my sewing room proper...ick!