Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Any questions for the fabric sales rep? >
  • Any questions for the fabric sales rep?

• Any questions for the fabric sales rep?

Old 04-02-2011, 08:37 PM

Location: Muscatine, Iowa by way of West Virginia, Washington State, and Montana

Originally Posted by Favorite Fabrics
    One of my favorite reps is stopping by on Monday.

Does anyone have a question that they would like me to ask the rep? I'd be happy to try to get an answer for you.
    How about some realistic moose prints? Actually, anything rustic,with deer, elk, and especially moose. :-)
    Old 04-02-2011, 09:04 PM

Are they going to come out with more "Novelty" (Abe Lincoln, Battle Scenes, etc.) Civil War fabric since the Sesquetennial is now upon us?
    Old 04-03-2011, 12:06 PM

Location: Orchard Park, NY (near Buffalo, which is near Niagara Falls)

Originally Posted by BrendaB

Does anyone have a question that they would like me to ask the rep? I'd be happy to try to get an answer for you.
    How about some realistic moose prints? Actually, anything rustic,with deer, elk, and especially moose. :-)
    We have this moose print:
    http://www.favoritefabric.com/cgi/co...on&key=FQMOOSE

And we have quite a few with moose and elk: http://www.favoritefabric.com/cgi/co...+and+not+pines

The last two pictures are from a group by South Sea Imports called "Into the North" which is being released in July/August. There is also a panel, and a border stripe, trees, sky, and diagonal stripe fabrics. (We will be carrying this group.)
    Attached Thumbnails attachment-179091.jpe   attachment-179092.jpe   attachment-179093.jpe  
    Old 04-03-2011, 12:34 PM

i have been looking for Fat Chef material, and can't find it any where.
    Old 04-03-2011, 06:35 PM

Oh, so interesting !!!!
    Old 04-15-2011, 03:33 AM

Originally Posted by BrendaB

Check out Yellowstone by Blank Quilting. I saw it on their website. Also, Pheasant Run for the pheasant fans.
    Sandy
    Old 04-15-2011, 03:42 AM

Pretty much all the greige goods (unprinted cloth) comes from China or Pakistan. Printing takes place in either China, Korea, or Japan.[/quote]

The info is on the bolt end. If you are concerned/curious about where the particular fabric is manufactured.
    sandy
    Old 04-15-2011, 04:45 AM

I can't get enough of the 30's style fabric. Why is it so hard to find those cute adorable prints? You know the ones with the puppies, toys, babies, etc. Are there any new 30's coming?
    Old 04-15-2011, 05:21 AM

Location: Orchard Park, NY (near Buffalo, which is near Niagara Falls)

Originally Posted by sweet
    I can't get enough of the 30's style fabric. Why is it so hard to find those cute adorable prints? You know the ones with the puppies, toys, babies, etc. Are there any new 30's coming?
    Robert Kaufman has a line called Buttercup by Darlene Zimmerman. It looks like it's pretty new, but doesn't say "future" so you might be able to find it in stores already.
    http://www.robertkaufman.com/fabrics/buttercup/

Marcus has a new Aunt Grace group coming out in July: http://www.marcusfabrics.com/cgi-bin...i?Category=608

Mostly these are florals. We don't carry 1930's fabrics so I don't pay a lot of attention to new groups in this area but... doing a quick look for you, it appears that there really aren't many of these prints on the horizon right now.
    Old 04-15-2011, 06:45 AM

Originally Posted by JoAnnGC
    Yes, my question is this...Why is it that when I find a fabric collection that I really love I can hardly ever find a shop either online or brick and mortar that carries the complete collection. For example, I am trying to purchase RJR's Tasha Tudor "A is for Annabelle" to make Diane Nagle's (Peddlecar Quilts) "Annabelle's Alphabet" quilt. I am having a really difficult time finding one single source that carries the two panels and 5 particular fabrics from the collection at a reasonable price so that I only have to pay one shipping charge. Apparently very few shops picked up this collection even though it's based on a very noteworthy children's classic (originally published in 1954). Some shops only picked up the panels and a few of the coordinating fabrics, some the opposite. I know a local sales rep who had shown me the sample card before the collection was available. I may go back to her and see if she's willing to sell it to me if she is no longer trying to sell it. She said that very few of our local shops were interested in it enough to buy it but they all thought it was darling. This is just an example. I've had this happen to me on several different collections from different textile manufacturers. I suppose it comes down to the fact that the customer has to be ready to buy the moment a collection is released. This small quilt will end up costing me over $150 just for fabric but by the time I pay for shipping from 3 different shops it will be closer to $190. Add in batting and thread and it's over $200...and that's just for material, not including my time...yikes!!!
    I feel your pain. In order to get all the fabrics in a collection I needed for one quilt pattern, I had to order from multiple sources in the UK as well as here in the US.

I would also like to see fabric featuring showjumping and/or dressage, plus the various warmblood breeds. Almost all the horsey themed fabrics I find are Western based, which are of little interest to me.

F1 themed fabrics would be great also.