Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Any Tips Before Starting a Bargello pattern??? >
  • Any Tips Before Starting a Bargello pattern???

• Any Tips Before Starting a Bargello pattern???

Old 01-16-2012, 03:53 PM

All I can say is ...Take it slow and stay focused. LOL This is not a pattern that can be done in a hurry. Please post pitures when your done.
    Old 01-17-2012, 03:04 AM

I've made many bargellos. The best tip is to make a practice piece out of scrap fabric first.
    Old 01-17-2012, 05:46 AM

Originally Posted by Jackie Spencer
    All I can say is ...Take it slow and stay focused. LOL This is not a pattern that can be done in a hurry. Please post pitures when your done.
    All of my strips are cut, starched and waiting on me. Going to finish my coffee and see what kind of mess I can make today. May be going to something stronger than coffee once I get in the middle of this. LOL!! I'll post pictures.
    Old 01-18-2012, 06:17 AM

Started making the rows last night and so far so good but I've only gotten one finished. LOL!! All I can say is thank goodness for pictures. Can definitely see how this isn't one of the those projects you want to take on when tired or at the end of a long day.
    Old 01-18-2012, 06:30 AM

It is definitely exciting to see the pattern coming together. Do you pin all those seams....I never did....I lined up the seams, felt them "lock" together and then held them and sewed (keeping fingers out of the way)....was so much faster. I don't think I had but maybe 2 or 3 that I needed to go back and fix.
    Old 01-19-2012, 06:23 AM

Originally Posted by Buckeye Rose
    It is definitely exciting to see the pattern coming together. Do you pin all those seams....I never did....I lined up the seams, felt them "lock" together and then held them and sewed (keeping fingers out of the way)....was so much faster. I don't think I had but maybe 2 or 3 that I needed to go back and fix.
    I do pin all of the seams. It takes less time for me to do that than go back and try to fix them. Yesterday I was working on it and everything was falling right into place. Was cutting another strip and ran the rotary cutter right into the outer edge of the pointer finger on my left hand!! Didn't cut all the way through but got it pretty good. Actually got a little woozy and sick to my stomach when I realized what I'd done. Didn't think I was ever going to get it to stop bleeding and when I finally did it struck me that I may have gotten blood on my fabric. Thankfully there wasn't but leave it to a quilter to be more concerned about the fabric than the finger. LOL!!! It's quite sore today but going to get back at it anyway since it's coming together so nicely.