Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Anybody get frustrated with magnetic scissors? >
  • Anybody get frustrated with magnetic scissors?

• Anybody get frustrated with magnetic scissors?

Old 06-25-2010, 12:37 PM
    Power Poster

I have one pair and almost never use them for the reasons you stated. They are a pain.
    Old 06-25-2010, 12:55 PM
    Administrator

i have one pair of small scissors that has somehow become magnetized but they didn't start that way.

odd and - yes - annoying. :lol:
    Old 06-26-2010, 03:07 AM

I always find my pins stuck, i just thought all scissors came that way!!!! lol Lace
    Old 06-26-2010, 04:45 PM

I have thought about this thread a lot today. When I was changing the needle in my machine I laid the screw driver down. I had put it in the tray that had my straight pins in it. When I picked the screw driver up it looked like a porcupine because THE SCREW DRIVER IS MAGNETIZED!!!!!!!!!!!
    I know some screw drivers are magnetized but I hadn't thought to be sure the ones I use on my sewing machine are not. Could they magnetize the scizzors?
    I have now put in an order to head of household for a set that is not magnetized. /Regards, Dorothy
    Old 06-29-2010, 09:38 AM

I have one of the magnitized pin holders---Grabbit, I think it's called. I laid my scissors down unknowingly on the pin holder, now they're magnetized. I don't know how to de-magnetize them again.
    Old 06-29-2010, 12:33 PM
    Power Poster

Computerized machines have a shield so magnet pin holders and such won't faze them at all. I'm did what stitchhappy did, left my small scissors on a pin holder but it went away after a time. I have never seen magnetized scissors for sale.
    Old 07-01-2010, 09:04 AM

I spoke to consumer services with the company that makes my scissors. They do not magnetize the scissors at the factory, They become magnetic after they leave the factory, either in the shipping, in the stores, or most often in the home. After reading some of your posts, I am sure you already knew they can become magnetic after you get them in your home, but I actually remember buying one pair of my scissors, taking them home, and noticing them to be magnetic immediately. I can't explain how they got that way.

On the other hand, my other scissors that are magnetic probably got that way in my sewing room, because I didn't notice it for a while. It just seemed over a period of time, I started to notice they were magnetized as well. I don't use those as often, so it took a while to see.

Regardless of how my scissors became magnetized, it is really frustrating to use them around pins and needles, and I sometimes even find an attachment stuck to them! I am keeping my one pair of scissors that are not magnetic, away from those "contagious" ones!