Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Anyone bought batting scissors? >
  • Anyone bought batting scissors?

• Anyone bought batting scissors?

Old 08-26-2024, 06:58 AM

Ditto to everything Mizmac said. They make cutting batting off a roll so much easier. With the blunt tips, they glide right through. Once I got a pair I wondered how I ever got along without them. And after nearly 10 years, they are still sharp.
    Old 08-26-2024, 09:11 AM

I also have a pair of batting scissors that I bought when I purchased my Handi Quilter Sweet Sixteen. I love them and they are just a sharp now as they were then. They are 12 years old.
    Old 08-26-2024, 09:45 AM

I don't have official batting scissors, but I have a pair of oversized shears I bought at about 75% when a store went out of business. They work very well for cutting batting off rolls. What I do is hang my roll of batting using a shower curtain rod hanging between the slates of two old dinning room chairs. Picture a toilet paper roll. I roll out the amount of batting I need using 120 inch tape measure, then I mark the cutting line using an old piece of wood trim (is a staight edge) and a rolling chalk marker. Then I just cut along the chalk line. Easy Peasy! Rolls are easy to change out using the shower curtain rod as I have a couple of kinds of batting.