Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Anyone doing the My Tweets BOM? >
  • Anyone doing the My Tweets BOM?

• Anyone doing the My Tweets BOM?

Old 04-02-2011, 05:16 AM

Mods, please delete, I must be hitting the send button twice... sorry..
    Old 04-02-2011, 05:34 AM

Can those of you doing the Tweets project answer me this... I know that she recommends 8 yards for the background but I'm stumped on how much fabric I should buy for the 27 different fabrics that she listed and is using in the blocks.
    Old 04-02-2011, 05:38 AM

I don't know how she came up with that for the BG but I am only getting 4 yards and have it so that I could use a different if needed. Also I am using scrapes for the applique so that they are all different. I like scrappy.
    Old 04-02-2011, 05:40 AM

I have been trying for a couple of days and still can not down load them.
    Old 04-02-2011, 05:57 AM

I read that she recommends a half yard of each color. I found a fabric list the first time I saw the blog. It was a PDF with all of the fabric names listed but now I can't find it.

I'm going to use Bali Handpaints FQs.
    Old 04-02-2011, 05:58 AM

Originally Posted by Rumbols
    I have been trying for a couple of days and still can not down load them.
    What happens when you try? Does it open the PDF file when you click the link?
    Old 04-02-2011, 06:31 AM

I have been scrolling back and this all starts around Jan 10th. On the 14th Jan she started posting the blocks. Now all this is intertwined with her other Florabunda quilt so it can be confusing. She talked about FQ but I think you are safe with 1/2 yds. I will try and copy what I saved regarding the background:

["""For the background blocks I am using Bella Solids Bleached White and you can order it from Fat Quarter Shop by clicking here. You will need 8 yards. For the small squares in the sashing and the binding you will need 2.5 yards of a coordinating blue fabric. I am going to use one of the blues from the “Happy” collection. The yardage for this fabric line will be at Fat Quarter Shop in September and I will let you know when it’s in and what other quantities I am ordering.
    I am so excited about this I can hardly sit still (maybe that’s from the coffee) and I am drawing birds on everything. So mark your calendars and come quilt (tweet) with me in 2011.

1-15-11
    Make sure to cut your background fabric larger than 14.5" x 14.5". Fabric can shrink with applied applique so save yourself the headache and cut BIG. My squares are cut 18" x 18". Another handy idea is to use a pinking rotary blade to cut. This eliminates some unraveling.""""]

Now I also have to say that I am not doing this quilt now. I seem to remember that there are two sizes that you can make of each block........good luck. If I find any other tidbits I will post.

Originally Posted by pittsburgpam
    I read that she recommends a half yard of each color. I found a fabric list the first time I saw the blog. It was a PDF with all of the fabric names listed but now I can't find it.

I'm going to use Bali Handpaints FQs.
    Old 04-02-2011, 06:42 AM

Now that I have rambled on I think that this link [below] will show Tweets in a nutshell without having to scroll through her whole site. I would go back into her home page as she does have some fantastic tutorials.
    I hope that this helps

http://www.erinrussek.typepad.com/on...ime/my-tweets/
    Old 04-02-2011, 07:00 AM

I've read it over and over and I cannot find the list that I did the first night I stumbled upon the blog. It came up with a file and it listed every fabric, by name, collection, color, etc. I should have printed or saved it but I had just started looking at the BOM and it was RIGHT THERE. It had fabrics from Me & My Sister Favorites, etc. Maybe it was for Florabund, I don't know.

I don't guess it matters that much since I will use what goes with my focal fabric which is Michael Miller Birds of Norway. I scrolled through collection after collection at several sites, including Fat Quarter Shop, and this is one of the few that had a design I liked and lots of colors.

Strange to have printed birds on a bird applique but I am hoping that I can get at least the flower pot center cut out of an area without prominently showing a bird.
    Attached Thumbnails attachment-178506.jpe  
    Old 04-02-2011, 07:30 AM

How does one join this block of the month and how do i receive the past blocks red