• Main
  • Anyone doing the My Tweets BOM? >
  • Anyone doing the My Tweets BOM?

• Anyone doing the My Tweets BOM?

Old 04-02-2011, 01:28 PM

Originally Posted by pab58
    Originally Posted by BeeNana
    :cry: :cry: I couldn't get them to download. :cry: :cry: :cry: These are such beautiful blocks, and I would really love to make them. Guess I'm out of luck, huh? :cry:
    Go back and try again. Sometimes if there is high traffic on the net you can't get it to download. Also you have to scroll backwards in her site to find the previous blocks for tweets.
    She really has an outstanding site with lots of tips and visual help. I don't use her glue technique for applique but I think that she does an outstanding presentation.
    Let us know if you continue to have trouble downloading.
    I just tried to download the files again, but it still isn't working. :cry: :cry: :cry: I never have trouble downloading PDF files. All I'm getting is a gray screen, and the hourglass stays on for a little bit, goes off and the file states "Done", but there is nothing there. I'm so dissapointed. :-( :cry: I read another post and they couldn't get it to work either. I guess we're just out of luck. Enjoy the BOM everyone. I'll still try from time to time to download the files, but I guess I'll have to sit this one out. :cry: :cry: I'm looking forward to seeing pics of your blocks. :wink:
    When the screen is grey, just hit the 'reload' button on the right of the URL (the 2 little arrows)
    Old 04-02-2011, 02:51 PM

I just love love her bom. I'm on block #6 from her Florabunda blocks and love the finished look.
    Old 04-02-2011, 03:56 PM

I'm not sure I understand the downloading. My printer says the pdf file is only 35% in size. How do you get the download of the design in the 4 squares for 14" out of that?
    Old 04-02-2011, 04:06 PM

Patty
    Go back to the site below. Right click one of the blocks and press save target and then choose "save to desk top".
    http://www.erinrussek.typepad.com/on...ime/my-tweets/
    Post here if this works. Maybe someone else can help as well since I'm not a computer wiz.
    After all the adobe pfd are on the desktop I make a file and then save to my documents.
    Thanks so much for trying to help me with this. I did as instructed (clicked on a block -- the picture of the block), but what is saved is the picture. Do the downloads include pattern pieces? I guess I could simply make my own patterns from the pictures of each block. :(
    Go to the link above. Scroll down to the bottom of the page and start working your way up. At some point you will come to an area that says "block one part one'.......something
    like that. These are sections for one block. I have copied an example of what I mean below...click.

http://erinrussek.typepad.com/files/block-1-part-1.pdf
    I had already tried those, too. The link you sent me ended the same as the ones on the site -- only get a gray screen. :cry: :cry: Thanks for trying so hard to help me. It was so very kind of you.
    Old 04-02-2011, 04:12 PM

I haven't tried printing any yet. Are you trying to print the part 1 thru 4 of a block? Those are the ones you need to print Try telling the printer to print at 100%.

I brought up My Tweet Block 3 part 1 and clicked on the print icon in the PDF screen. It shows it on an 8.5x11 paper, Page Scaling of None.

If I bring up the FULL pattern (in one file) it is at 34% and it would print the whole thing on one page, not big enough for the applique. That one is just to reference if you want it.
    Old 04-02-2011, 04:20 PM

Fabric Lover!!!! If you were here, I'd give you a great big hug!!!! Your simple suggestion worked!! I've never had to do that before for a PDF so it didn't even cross my mind to do so! :roll: Thanks so much! Now I can join the "My Tweets" party!!! :thumbup: :thumbup: :D
    Old 04-02-2011, 04:21 PM

thanks for sharing the site, love it...I think I will attempt this ..now to catch up
    Old 04-02-2011, 04:31 PM

Wow, that's the best news that I have had all day. Yeah
    Now this will keep you busy and lot of fun.

Fabric Lover!!!! If you were here, I'd give you a great big hug!!!! Your simple suggestion worked!! I've never had to do that before for a PDF so it didn't even cross my mind to do so! :roll: Thanks so much! Now I can join the "My Tweets" party!!! :thumbup: :thumbup: :D
    Old 04-02-2011, 09:17 PM

Thanks for sharing this BOM site - I have printed the patterns for the first three blocks and have placed an order for the center block. I love bird patterns - and this is going to be my next project.
    Old 04-03-2011, 04:58 AM

Wow, that's the best news that I have had all day. Yeah
    Now this will keep you busy and lot of fun.

I even printed off the four parts of one of the blocks just to see if it worked, and I don't even have to change the sizes! I absolutely LOVE the blocks and can hardly wait to get started on them!! Now to tackle the next "problem" -- what fabrics do I use??!! :roll: :lol: I wish all my problems in life were only ones to do with quilting! :?