Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Anyone else bored with Quilt Magazines >
  • Anyone else bored with Quilt Magazines

• Anyone else bored with Quilt Magazines

Old 01-31-2011, 10:56 AM

That's interesting, too. Maybe she LIKES him. You know how when you have a crush on someone, it makes you act STUPID and CHILDISH! ha.
    Old 01-31-2011, 11:06 AM

Hum well after meeting both Ricki and Alex. No she does not have a crush on him. It is all business and making money. This is what I saw with them. Remember we love to quilt. They and a few other big name quilters have made quilting into a big business. Ricki is in a very commited relationship and Alex is a typical Califorina girl. Simply Quilts was a great show but she had little control over it. It was definitely Station run. So she was really restrained on the show. These are my humble opinions on the subject. I find the shows and magazines all work hard to get beginners into quilting. The seem to forget that solid intermediate and advanced quilts exist! Have a Happy Day People!
    Old 01-31-2011, 11:15 AM

Merely joking == sometimes we act differently around different people. I just enjoyed Simply Quilts so very much that I just couldn't hardly stand it when it went off tv. I didn't know she had little control over that show - but whomever did it, they did it to my liking, at least what came over in the shows. I'm still a beginner quilter so I need all the help I can get.
    Old 01-31-2011, 11:58 AM

Originally Posted by crafterrn1
    Hum well after meeting both Ricki and Alex. No she does not have a crush on him. It is all business and making money. This is what I saw with them. Remember we love to quilt. They and a few other big name quilters have made quilting into a big business. Ricki is in a very commited relationship and Alex is a typical Califorina girl. Simply Quilts was a great show but she had little control over it. It was definitely Station run. So she was really restrained on the show. These are my humble opinions on the subject. I find the shows and magazines all work hard to get beginners into quilting. The seem to forget that solid intermediate and advanced quilts exist! Have a Happy Day People!
    Very well said, crafterrn. The TV shows are all business but we still love them. Ricki is such a talented guy. His partner is also part of the show. I was totally blown away the first time I heard him play the piano. I would love to purchase their shows again but, like magazines, there is so much that don't work for me. It's imposs. to satisfy all of us. I think that's why this board works so well for us though. We get something for all of us.
    Old 01-31-2011, 12:47 PM

I used to get 4 or 5 quilt mags each month but have stopped subscribing to all of them. I had a huge stack of them and went thru and tore out any patterns that I thought I would make and took the mags to my guild and the new members were glad to have them.
    Old 01-31-2011, 12:53 PM

I just got the new American Quilter today, and it seems to have a lot in it that interests me. It's well thought out and has varied subjects. The subscription allows me to be able to order books on the AQS website at a discount, and I think it's a good value.
    Old 01-31-2011, 12:54 PM

Everything is going to the internet. I think it is sad in a way, and predict we are going to be required to pay even more for it in the future.
    Old 01-31-2011, 12:57 PM

I used to subscribe to a few. The last was Mark Lipinski's magazine but when he left, I did too. He really inspired and motivated me. I now know you don't need to be perfect lol.
    Many magazines belong to the same publishing house and it shows. Plus being in Canada we pay 2 or 3 dollars more per magazine. Not happening with me anymore!

If I have an itch to look through a magazine, I go through the pile in my closet or look online. Or look at the photos on here.
    Barb
    Old 01-31-2011, 03:09 PM

I am seriously bored with Quilting magazines also.....I recently went through all of my old quilting magazines and ripped out the patterns I may want to do someday.....I then put them all in a three ring notebook.
    Old 01-31-2011, 03:24 PM

I was looking at my boxes and boxes of magazines from the past few years the other day and thinking I need to do the same thing as I am keeping them because there are probably one or two items in each that I really like and might use in the future sometime?

Time to get serious about De cluttering I think and making some room for other things.

Maybe1day