Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Anyone else got a case of the "lazies"? >
  • Anyone else got a case of the "lazies"?

• Anyone else got a case of the "lazies"?

Old 06-05-2011, 12:41 PM

Originally Posted by alikat110
    Not me. I just got home from a quilt a thon in ft worth. I met the most fantastic group of ladies who make the cutest quilts for charity, and inspirational personal quilts. I really feel fired up. Can't wait to get a little time here to work on some projects!!!
    Maybe that is what we need, to group together and go to a quilt a thon to get us motivated! I think that will do it

:lol:
    Old 06-05-2011, 12:57 PM

Originally Posted by Jamiestitcher62
    I have been going into my sewing room to sew and end up just looking at all my stuff. I just love going through my fabrics. I did the same when I cross-stitched. I have 25 years of all that stuff in the basement and still love to sort, catalog and reshuffle it. It's cathardic I think.

I do need to get down there and make a snap bag in 11 X 14 size for a friend in exchange for her framing a cross stitch piece that needs to get done.
    Just what is a 'snap bag'...I'm guessing some kind of a tote? Even tho I have a LOT of quilts basted in and waiting to be qulted; and even some ready to get basted
    in,, I'm beginning to feel a bit more organized in my sewing area. My big problem is going to be to clean out the attic late fall when the weather cools. I'd suffocate in there now. Am glad to have the storage area, but I let
    myself put 'stuff' in there without putting in a proper place. Did all that a couple of years ago, I keep ridding
    out, but somehow I just can't get rid of much.
    Old 06-05-2011, 12:57 PM

Yes. I have a bad case of the lazies today, too. I also have a lot of schoolwork I need to get cracking on - end of the year paperwork. Really do need to get it done soon so I'll be ready to pack up my classroom when that time comes. And, I'd so rather be making something. Well, I would be if I had more energy. :)
    Old 06-05-2011, 01:09 PM

I'm not the only one?! It was sure good to look at all these responses because I'm in the same boat. My sewing room is a total mess and it is like not caring. Oh well, I guess like everything else this to will pass and then it wiill be back to the projects.
    Old 06-05-2011, 01:20 PM

OMG! I have the biggest case of the lazies... Dont wannas and general blah..

I have more fabric than I will ever use... more projects than I will ever finish... my birthday is in 2 weeks and I am just blah... ugh...DH and I are always fighting.. I should not complain... I am blessed besides there are quilters in ethiopia who dont have fabric... LOL! I totally just made that up.. remember mom saying there are people in ethiopia who are starving... well I made it work for us

I would love someone to play with... LOL! well organize everything with me..
    Old 06-05-2011, 01:40 PM

Originally Posted by Buckeye Rose
    you and me both.....I have so many things to work on....and really need to clean out sewing room, what a mess.....but no ambition to get started on anything....all I want to do is play on the puter!

Me Too!!
    Old 06-05-2011, 03:42 PM

We all have days like these. It will pass.
    Old 06-06-2011, 02:51 AM

Sad to say I have had this trouble for weeks , hoping for it to pass soon , all I have been working on is filing my embroidery design , I have to neatest file system now .
    Old 06-06-2011, 02:58 AM

we all go through that..it is summer..

i try to get outside early in the mornings to putz around in the garden. enjoy the deck,until the humidity hits..
    With me, it is not Lazy. It is "No Interest"! I have 3 projects that are MUST finish..

oh..plus my husband is off work for 6 weeks..and having him around puts everything on the back burner!
    Old 06-06-2011, 03:01 AM

Oh, it's the interruptions that get me every time!