• Anyone else have Gremlins...

• Anyone else have Gremlins...

Old 09-16-2010, 06:58 AM
    MNM

Originally Posted by Ramona Byrd
    Yes, I have live-in Gremlins myself. I have a live-in ghost,
    i call him George, who moves things around when I forget
    about him. Even my cats sometimes walk around in circles,
    rubbing the legs of someone who is just barely here.
    Last week George took my rotary cutter and cutting pad from
    where I had put it, right after using it. After I'd ironed the backing to the fabric, marked and cut it out, started looking for it where I knew I'd put it for safe keeping, but I still haven't found it to cut the square backing for the applique figures.

I'm going to have to cut most of it with sissors, and maybe he
    will see how angry I am and put it out in plain sight.

That's my story and I'm keeping it!!
    SCISSORS, Yuk, how do you do that, I think I have forgetten
    You have a very good reason to run out and buy a new board and cutter. SCISSORS???????? MNM :roll:
    Old 09-16-2010, 07:08 AM

Originally Posted by LastGrandma
    in their quilt room/area???

I can spend a lot of time looking for scissors, my fabric marking pen, a ruler, etc., and never find it. After I give up and make do with something else and continue on (struggling), the lost item never shows up.

The next day I can walk in and TA DA -- there is the item in plain site!!!! I swear I have Gremlins who hide things and then return them the next day. Any one else have this problem?
    Uh-huh!! I have one of those.l

Oh --and MNM, I still used scissors occasionally -- but not for cutting out pieces or strips. Once in a while, I do need to shimmy something up a bit.
    Old 09-16-2010, 09:32 AM

ditto... it's easier that way!

But I do have a granddaughter who loves the Charm Packs.
    I about tore the house apart looking for them, then I went into our bedroom. Little missy took her big marshmallow and dotted the mirror on the dresser. Somethink told me to open the door, and there was my Charm Pack! I need to put my fabrics away when she is there! Or better yet, I need to cut some for her to play with so she will leave mine alone.
    Old 09-16-2010, 12:54 PM

After 30+ years in one home, we moved clear across the country to a new house. I call those lost treasures a visit from the "ghosties". After listening to all of you I'm going to call him Uncle Homer in honor of my childhood imaginary friend! Thanks for making me feel right at home.
    Old 09-16-2010, 01:21 PM

Isn't this fun!!! I just love it. Makes you feel a little bit saner doesn't it.
    Dodee
    Old 09-16-2010, 01:49 PM

:lol: I just blame my DH. he takes it well after all these years and always says sorry. 8-)
    Old 09-16-2010, 06:23 PM

Gremlins, yes, a whole herd of them.
    Old 09-16-2010, 06:26 PM

Originally Posted by Nina Kurt
    ditto... it's easier that way!

But I do have a granddaughter who loves the Charm Packs.
    I about tore the house apart looking for them, then I went into our bedroom. Little missy took her big marshmallow and dotted the mirror on the dresser. Somethink told me to open the door, and there was my Charm Pack! I need to put my fabrics away when she is there! Or better yet, I need to cut some for her to play with so she will leave mine alone.
    Don't you know that yours will still be more attractive?
    Old 09-16-2010, 09:29 PM

I can spend a lot of time looking for scissors, my fabric marking pen, a ruler, etc., and never find it. After I give up and make do with something else and continue on (struggling), the lost item never shows up.

The next day I can walk in and TA DA -- there is the item in plain site!!!! I swear I have Gremlins who hide things and then return them the next day. Any one else have this problem?
    I think it must be a Seniors moment with most of us these days. I find when I have been out ALL day and I am tired , that is when it happens the most, DH complains when I do it as if I meant to do so. I just say'' WHAT DO YOU EXPECT WHEN I AM TIRED''
    Old 09-17-2010, 06:37 AM
    MNM

Originally Posted by GailG

I am sure glad to hear that, I have a girl friend that cut out all her pieces with scissors. When I showed her the Olfa cutter I thought she was going to faint. No one had ever introduced her to the Olfa cutter. She had just found a pattern she liked and figured it could not be that hard to make and I will say her quilt did come out very nice for a first quilt..She passed away last Thanksgiving she was my maid of honor at my wedding 50 years ago. Should not talk about her, it always makes me cry.
    MNM
    all her quilt
    Uh-huh!! I have one of those.l

Oh --and MNM, I still used scissors occasionally -- but not for cutting out pieces or strips. Once in a while, I do need to shimmy something up a bit.