Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Anyone else quilting this weekend? >
  • Anyone else quilting this weekend?

• Anyone else quilting this weekend?

Old 05-25-2014, 07:36 AM

I have had family visiting for the past 3 1/2 weeks and ready to be without them. Finishing up the backing today and start the long arming for my DD's guest bedroom quilt.

I am also working on DS's mens' tie quilt for his graduation from Texas State--that is why we had so many family members. Yes, I know that I am late but gave him one square to let him know he's not been forgotten.
    Have a great week end quilting.
    Old 05-25-2014, 08:28 AM

Just took time to read a few posts. I also have gardening to do and now weeding already. So besides the gardening and reading all of your posts - I won't get to do any quilting. I need to make choices - read quotes or quilt??????!
    Old 05-25-2014, 08:29 AM
    Power Poster

I'm hoping to work on a Christmas tree skirt with HST's, but still have more fabric to cut. I also hope to start a quilted bag, haven't figured out which pattern to use, and maybe do some small sewing projects. I know I have many UFO's that need to be sandwiched and quilted, however, I had shoulder surgery a year ago, but still have some limitations, unfortunately.
    Old 05-25-2014, 09:00 AM

Originally Posted by tessagin
    I'm doing some needle work. Will spend some time with my sister who had surgery yesterday. Total hysterectomy. Nothing like used to be. She will be coming home today! With everything they did and unexpectedly found but no cancer, she is going to be ok. Just that makes it to be a great weekend!
    So glad your sister is going to be ok. I will be ripping out some quilting lines that are not too straight. YIKES! I swore that I would never rip out quilting no matter how much I dislike it, but I'm eating my words.
    Old 05-25-2014, 09:22 AM

We worked in the yard this morning clearing maple trees out of the flower beds. The garden is in good shape, and the mowing is finished. This afternoon I get to start work on the new purse I bought. It's a Grids & Grommets purse kit made with green, yellow, purple, and pink batiks. I think it will be beautiful. I have a doll quilt to quilt & bind, and a lap quilt to sandwich and start quilting. Hopefully I will make a dent in it all this weekend.
    Old 05-25-2014, 11:53 AM

Originally Posted by Jingle
    I watched my Granddaughter weed my small flower bed and plant some flowers. She put a metal rod into the ground and stuck clay pots onto it. The holes in the bottom of the pots caused the pots to go crooked, very cute.
    I washed today and cleaned some of the house.
    We turned down going to a barbecue. Tomorrow I may weed another flower bed.
    I could be sewing now, not in the mood for it. I plan on sewing borders onto a quilt I have been working on tomorrow and Monday.
    Hi Jingle ~ I'll post a picture of the pots you are describing from last year ~ We call them tippy pots...saw this idea in Birds and Blooms magazine a few years ago and with wave petunias we are the talk of the neighborhood every year. You are going to love them...only suggestion is make sure you water them frequently, fertilize weekly, I do Miracle grow one week and a bloom blaster feed the next as they get mighty thirsty and hungry during hot weather.
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]476789[/ATTACH]
    The second picture is what they look like before the blooms grow... I see the date on this picture as '10 so I guess this is our 4th year of doing this.
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]476790[/ATTACH]
    Attached Thumbnails 2013_0830image0035.jpg   10-06-tippy-pots.jpg  

Last edited by onaemtnest; 05-25-2014 at 11:58 AM.
    Old 05-25-2014, 12:14 PM

I'm going to take a nap and then hopefully but a couple more borders around a QAYG I've been fighting with for months! I'm tired of it but won't let myself start another regular quilt until I get this one finished.
    Old 05-25-2014, 12:15 PM

I was lucky to find a Singer 201k on Freecycle, the case was very dilapidated so I decided to re-cover it!!!

I love your new case cover!
    I am working on a lone star. I should be sewing this instant but instead I am on the board! I want to have it all together and ready to be quilted by the end of the month! (this month-May!!)
    Old 05-25-2014, 12:40 PM

It's been raining here since noon Friday. So thankful for it too! We've had just under 1 inch YTD. Some areas had received over 4" through last evening so Yes! I'm sewing! 2 tops I'm working on, one is evolving as I go. The other needs some pyramid borders unless i talk myself out of them. I have 4 (Yikes!!!) quilts waiting on binding. I'm hoping by this time tomorrow to have both tops finished and 2 of the bindings done.
    Old 05-25-2014, 01:26 PM

It's been raining here since noon Friday. So thankful for it too! We've had just under 1 inch YTD. Some areas had received over 4" through last evening so Yes! I'm sewing! 2 tops I'm working on, one is evolving as I go. The other needs some pyramid borders unless i talk myself out of them. I have 4 (Yikes!!!) quilts waiting on binding. I'm hoping by this time tomorrow to have both tops finished and 2 of the bindings done.