Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Anyone else quilting this weekend? >
  • Anyone else quilting this weekend?

• Anyone else quilting this weekend?

Old 05-25-2014, 02:27 PM

I am hoping to get some sewing in tonight and tomorrow night. I just finished making a wall hanging. I decided last Friday I needed to make it for a gift for a party today. I finished it last night at midnight. Since I was rushing I have a huge mess to clean up now. I was pulling out color scraps to make it.
    Once I clean up I need to get back to the quilt I gave my DD and SIL last CHristmas. I told them it would be finished by this winter. I have 5 blocks finished and I need 20 blocks. I haven't touched it since Christmas day. I need to get back to it.
    Everyone have a great weekend. The weather here is gorgeous.
    Old 05-25-2014, 03:18 PM

I gardened some today and now am covered with bug bites and have to take benadryl because I am allergic to these nasty little black flies and they just love me to pieces. But, hey, now my conscience is clear and I am sewing for the rest of the weekend!! LOL
    I have two quilts to finish piecing the backs for, then to layer, pin and quilt! Hopefully I'll finish both by the end of the week.
    Old 05-25-2014, 03:23 PM

I'm piecing red,white and blue log cabin blocks for a soldier quilt I'm working on.
    Old 05-25-2014, 04:03 PM

Since I finally finished DMIL's quilt made from DDIL's shirts, I spent all day Saturday cleaning the studio - what a mess it got to be! Now since DH is out of town for a few days, I'm starting his quilt made from leftover pieces of Dad's shirts. I had planned to use them in the back of Mom's quilt, but decided to do one-piece floral backing instead. Now I'm going to augment the leftovers with some other fabrics and alternate Sawtooth Star blocks with plain blocks for DH. Since airplanes are his thing, I'm using a variety of airplane fabrics I bought. I've pre-wahsed and dried all of that fabric and need to press it.

I'll have to work on it when he's either gone from home or is asleep because I do want it to be a surprise. If he sees that airplane fabric, well the gig will be up! Of course, that means I'll have something else going on during the day, probably a wall hanging for the dining room and then a scrappy quilt for the basement wreckroom. No lack of projects! I've got some applique to work on for handwork and want to try my hand at hexies, too. Busy, busy, busy!
    Old 05-25-2014, 04:41 PM

Another beautiful day here. It's nice without the bugs out yet. No quilting fun was had, other than watching a few on-line videos.
    Old 05-25-2014, 05:38 PM

The last 3 weeks my DH and I have been staining deck, porch, glider, painting patio furniture, putting dirt around foundation, adding to raised beds, getting garden in, and finally that perpetual mowing & cleaning-his family is coming out tomorrow to cookout and ride horses. Nice thing about it is that most of these chores long overdue but now they're done for the 4th, daughter's wedding and middle GS's 1st birthday! But I did sew on a challenge sampler done with my Guild (frustrating experience--directions flawed, machines crapped out, ran out of some fabric, struggled with several blocks...)But the top is done! When you stand back 3' it looks pretty good!
    And got one Vet's quilt finished quilting and another one on the long arm (but found I wasn't given enough bat so will have to piece some) but tomorrow it's family time.
    Old 05-25-2014, 06:19 PM

Due to back problems, just sitting and hand-quilting...
    Old 05-25-2014, 06:32 PM
    Power Poster

I was sewing a bit, then my machine broke!! So it will be in the shop for a while, and I will use either my 301A or Featherweight. Sigh...
    Old 05-25-2014, 09:09 PM

working on my lovers knot, really am ready for it to be done so I can start something new, this project is 2+ years old, dug it out to finish last month, almost have the top done really
    Old 05-26-2014, 02:28 AM

Great Selvage quilt...I like the cornerstone selvage squares in the sashing! Its always a great idea to quilt when you have too much liquid sunshine. Your Singer machine cover looks cute as a button.