Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Anyone else quilting this weekend? >
  • Anyone else quilting this weekend?

• Anyone else quilting this weekend?

Old 05-26-2014, 02:36 AM

I will not be in the sewing room today, but this evening I will attend our guild meeting. I always look forward to guild meeting nights and will be interested to see how many members will attend due to Memorial day. You sure made me hungry reading about all the good food you are having. Enjoy your day!
    Old 05-26-2014, 02:41 AM

Originally Posted by copycat
    Great Selvage quilt...I like the cornerstone selvage squares in the sashing! Its always a great idea to quilt when you have too much liquid sunshine. Your Singer machine cover looks cute as a button.
    Thankyou for your kind remarks!! I started out with one bag of selvedges, made this large quilt and lots of other bits and pieces.......now have TWO large bags of selvedges left!!!!! They definitely breed!!!!
    Old 05-26-2014, 04:23 AM

I will, but it will just be putzing in between all the outside work that has to be done. My gardens are gorgeous when done, but winter damage has made me a little crabby about the whole thing.
    Old 05-26-2014, 05:34 AM

I went to my quilt work day on Saturday and sandwiched three quilts. Spent most of yesterday in bed feeling rotten but rose late in the day to begin machine quilting one of my three quilts. Think I can finish it today. Not what I had planned for this week-end but when the strep bug hits, you change your plans.

Happy Memorial Day to all and quilt to your hearts content.
    Old 05-26-2014, 06:00 AM

Onaemtnest: Beautiful flowers! I need to see if I have enough supplies at home to make a small version of that planter.

I am heading down to my sewing area shortly. I need to do some rearranging and then I have some baby quilts to topstitch and 'tie' by adding a small embroidery design to each square. I finally got my machine replaced that had a blown mother board. Thankfully, the company had more of the discontinued machines in the warehouse so they replaced my other machine rather than find a new part.

Happy Memorial Day!

Connie
    Old 05-26-2014, 06:41 AM

I wish I were quilting! My sister has a daycare and asked me to make covers for the matts the kids use to take naps on. I was (and sort of still am) happy to help... but wow making these is a lot less fun than quilting!! There were 15 that needed to be done... ugh. This has turned in to more work than fun. On the plus side after working on these between laundry and house cleaning Saturday and Sunday I think I only have about 30 minutes or so left to go and I will be done!!! Quilting is not exactly the same as sewing anything else is it?? much more fun
    Old 05-26-2014, 09:08 AM

Just want to say hope everyone has a very happy memorial day!!!!!!!!!!! Please be safe if you are doing any traveling. Don't think I'll see my sewing room today - my machine needs a break too.
    Old 05-26-2014, 09:22 AM

I had an old friend come by Friday night with her tee shirts to be turned into a quilt. I have been obsessed with it all weekend and am ready to start the quilting. It is not your average t-shirt quilt! Will post a picture when it's done.
    Old 05-26-2014, 10:23 AM

I have been busy quilting most of the weekend. I finished making Bonnie Hunter's Celtic Solstice top and put the final touches on my May UFO.
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]476898[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]476899[/ATTACH]
    Attached Thumbnails celtic-solstice-.jpg   qca-mystery-quilt-6.jpg  
    Old 05-26-2014, 01:56 PM

I am working on a 2 year old BOM UFO. I am putting the sashing on, so cutting and piecing.