Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • anyone have a sewslip? >
  • anyone have a sewslip?

• anyone have a sewslip?

Old 11-23-2016, 06:32 AM

I bought a bunch of teflon sheets designed to protect the bottom of the oven. Four of them cover my entire sewing table and cost about half of a supreme slider.

I taped them down with Gorilla tape - they've been on there...maybe close to 2 years already? Works great!

They're black so it's not a "pretty" solution, but it works very well. My whole table is "slippy" now.
    Old 11-23-2016, 06:44 AM

I have gone through 2 supreme sliders. Now I now use a non-stick oven liner called Range Kleen. Purchased at Walmart for under $9.00. It is16.25 in by23 inches. You just have to cut a hole over the needle plate. I tape it down with painters tape. Works great. Hope this helps.
    Old 11-23-2016, 06:48 AM

Originally Posted by quiltlady1941
    Stitchnripper this one seems like it will stay down on the machine bed, it is really sticky on the back so don't think I will need to use any tape to hold it down to the machine..hope it works..
    I could not find this product online. Where did you buy it?
    Old 11-23-2016, 08:16 AM

I have a supreme slider & at first I didn't like it at all. It didn't stay put & I sewed into it.I put it away for a long time. About 6 months ago I got it back out. I sprayed the back with temp. basting spray & now it stays put & I love it. I don't even have to tape it. When I change the bobbin I just roll one end out of the way & it rolls right back down after I change the bobbin. I am thinking about getting the bigger size now. It does leave residue on your machine bed but I don't mind that because I only use that machine for quilting & the mat is always on there so no problem. Also it does wash off if needed or if you want to remove the slider.
    Old 11-23-2016, 02:33 PM

I have the sewslip and the supreme slider. I like the sewslip so much better. For me anyhow, and I am just learning how to free motion. Just my 2 cents worth.
    Old 11-24-2016, 09:57 AM

I love my supreme slider. When I've used it for a while, I take and run it under the faucet with warm water to remover the lint and dust that seems to get EVERYWHERE. Then it sticks nicely again. Just remember to lower the feed dogs - ask me how I know - or you will either rip the slider or sew it to your project.
    Old 11-24-2016, 11:10 AM

This sewslip has large hole were the feed dogs are and you can see them so can use a walking foot with it, don't know if this is good or not.. five paws I got this one off of Amazon and it cost 29.00 with shipping, I didn't think that was to bad so thought I would try it..if I don't like it I can always send it back..as soon as my shoulder gets better I will be back to FMQ and will try it then, I'll let everyone know what I think about it..
    Old 11-25-2016, 10:47 AM

There used to be some pictures of a woman who designed her own "weightless" system using pvc pipe. I worked so well and she spent very little on it. I had wire shelves above my machine once and I pinned the strips to hold my quilt through the wires and used that to help me maneuver the quilt.
    Old 11-25-2016, 02:52 PM

I had a Supreme slider must have been smaller as it was somewhere close to $22. I got so tired trying to keep it in place that I spent more time securing it than I did FMQ'ing. Then I got a new Brother PQ 1500s and tried the slider once, same mess. Took it off and discovered that the surface of the machine plus the surround were both so smoothe and slippery, that I have no trouble moving my quilt around with no sliders at all. I am so happy with that machine. Have had it for about 3 yrs. now, I think, and still it is as slick as the day it arrived, and no, I have not sprayed it with anything or used a single thing on it.
    Old 11-26-2016, 05:18 AM

I've had sliders slip, too - but I'm only doing a single block up to 24 inches, not a whole quilt.
    The machine is a Juki 2010 set into a SewEzi table.

No slider, regardless of how you handle it, is impervious to cat hair and dust in a dry climate with forced hot air heating. The minute you pick the slider off the machine to put it away -----
    Washing it will do the same. As it dries, here comes all the dust in the air.

I had a different brand before I bought the Supreme slider. Both slipped.

I tape them.

Last edited by Weezy Rider; 11-26-2016 at 05:21 AM.