Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Is anyone having problems with QB? >
  • Is anyone having problems with QB?

• Is anyone having problems with QB?

Old 02-03-2011, 12:06 PM

Originally Posted by sewcrafty
    It seems that everytime I come on lately that I'm getting these things popping up and overriding my page. Then sometimes I'm getting voice overs for commercials that aren't on my page. I've switched from IE to Firefox and its still happening. Soooooo confused as how to rectify this.

Is this happening to anyone else?
    Crafty, are you getting My Face overriding the page? That's the only site that's been intruding for me...so far. Happens every other day or so and the only way I can stop it is to go offline and then come back on again. It's REALLY insistant...and yes, I have all kinds of security software and have run a full system scan with no results. This is the only site that it happens. Could it be a bug in the QB system??
    Old 02-03-2011, 01:03 PM

It sounds like you may have either a virus, or some spyware or adware. Run your antivirus and also some anti-spyware and anti-malware programs
    For antispyware/adware/malware I use Superantispyware and Malwarebytes and both are good programs. I would run them both. These are in addition to your antivirus program. They are free to download and use and can be found here :

Superantispyware http://www.superantispyware.com/ click on the free download button

Malwarebytes http://www.malwarebytes.org/ click on the download free version button
    Old 02-03-2011, 01:40 PM

Originally Posted by ghostrider
    Originally Posted by sewcrafty
    It seems that everytime I come on lately that I'm getting these things popping up and overriding my page. Then sometimes I'm getting voice overs for commercials that aren't on my page. I've switched from IE to Firefox and its still happening. Soooooo confused as how to rectify this.

Is this happening to anyone else?
    Crafty, are you getting My Face overriding the page? That's the only site that's been intruding for me...so far. Happens every other day or so and the only way I can stop it is to go offline and then come back on again. It's REALLY insistant...and yes, I have all kinds of security software and have run a full system scan with no results. This is the only site that it happens. Could it be a bug in the QB system??
    My Face is one of them that its happening with. Actually, just got another one today, but don't remember what it was. This is the only site that it happens on, so I don't know what is going on either.
    Old 02-03-2011, 03:07 PM

Yes, I've had My Face do that to me.
    Old 02-03-2011, 03:28 PM

So is this a New Hampshire thing!!?? Where's pinecone! :D
    Old 02-03-2011, 03:31 PM

I use Chrome, and before that Firefox. Never had an issue. I have all the ads blocked, so they don't even show up.
    Old 02-03-2011, 03:36 PM

I've never had that happen here. I agree that it's probably spyware/malware. I second the recommendation for superantispyware and malwarebytes.
    Old 02-03-2011, 03:44 PM

Malwarebytes should get it. Download to desktop and install -for best results after download. Shutdown - unplug power for a few minutes then bring computer up in safemode and run malwarebytes. If that's too much just download it and install and run
    Old 02-03-2011, 03:57 PM

I have run all the spyware, malware, virus and bug software...it was the first thing I did. My system blocks ads and pop-ups just fine, always has. This is neither. It's a website that takes over this one, just as if you went to another site.

If you watch the bottom line, the one that usually says 'done' or 'opening...', just before the site switches, it goes through a bunch of URLs for doubleclick, googleads, big ad moguls like that. It started just after Patrice posted the introduction to the new Admin so the combination of those two 'coincidences' is what made me wonder if the QB site was controlling, or at least responsible for, the take-overs.
    Old 02-03-2011, 04:13 PM

hmmm...still wonder if there's something malicious. I haven't had any problems with QB.

Another thing you could try is an online scanner as well. Either of these two are good. I've used them both at different times

http://www.eset.com/online-scanner

http://housecall.trendmicro.com/au/

They both will load something onto your computer (if I remember correctly) but it shouldn't interfere with anything.

Another thing I've used is Trojanhunter..but it's a paid one. You could download the trial and see if it finds anything though. Just google trojanhunter