Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Anyone Make Periwinkle Quilt without the "Wacky Web" Template???? >
  • Anyone Make Periwinkle Quilt without the "Wacky Web" Template????

• Anyone Make Periwinkle Quilt without the "Wacky Web" Template????

Old 07-13-2013, 08:11 AM

Default Anyone Make Periwinkle Quilt without the "Wacky Web" Template????

First of all I'd like to thank each of you caring ladies (even a few gentlemen) who sent me prayers and good wishes for a speedy recovery. At my age I may never be fully recovered, but after a long year and a lot of rehab, I'm able to go into my studio and "rub cotten" again. I've gotten a lot of mobility back in my hands and arms and that's a good thing. Every morning I wake up is a great day and I know I am truly blessed to have so many friends praying for me. Thank you all and God bless each of you.
    Now to my current delimma. I love Jenny Doan, but she recently did a tutorial that required purchasing her template to complete - smart marketing move, Jenny :>) I'd like to try my hand at the Periwnkle quilt. I've seen this quilt over the years, but of course now that I want it I can't find a pattern for the block. I've looked thru all my books, magazines and online.
    The only pattern I've seen is the tutorial that Jenny did for MSQC. I know I can purchase her template but then I'd have to bypass her "Daily Deals" - I've become addicted to these little gems. LOL
    Is there anyone who can draw a paper template (with measurements) or guide me to a site that uses one of our common rulers to make this block?
    Thanks again for your concern and prayers, I'm doing sooooo.... much better.

Janet
    Old 07-13-2013, 08:18 AM

This thread has a link to a paper pieced pattern that is pretty much the same pattern only slightly smaller, and it's free!

HTH!
    http://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1...ml#post5890826
    Old 07-13-2013, 09:56 AM
    Power Poster

The Periwinkle pattern is very close to the Spiderweb scrap block pattern from Bonnie Hunter's www.quiltville.blogspot.com. She gives the directions on how to make paper pieced block pattern and instead of the scrap strips on each side of the center shape, do a whole fabric background piece.
    Old 07-13-2013, 12:28 PM
    Power Poster

Apparently the wacky web template doesn't quite do the job it was designed to do and Jenny has responded to a lot of complaints about it. http://blog.missouriquiltco.com/how-...iwinkle-point/
    Old 07-13-2013, 01:48 PM
    cjr

I purchased book that has periwinkle pattern in. As I recall there is a neasurement on the triangle that is 9.5 inches. If you make that measurement 10.5 inches it will work better. My quilt is pieced but blocks not put together, with somet points. Good luck. This is a fun fast quilt to make. I used strip scraps for my wings and a solid inn ccenter