Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Anyone Working on the Color Wash Quilt? >
  • Anyone Working on the Color Wash Quilt?

• Anyone Working on the Color Wash Quilt?

Old 05-31-2023, 08:49 AM
    Power Poster

Beautiful blocks, Teen! I made a few and then they got lost in the mountain of other stuff on my plate. But... I'll be back to them!
    Old 06-01-2023, 07:02 AM

Oh, Teen, those are so pretty!

I have not yet started, and don't know when I will... Too many others that are in the works that need finishing, first. I'm really, really trying not to start anything new until these are out of the way. I love to make blocks, I detest putting them together into a quilt! Why is that?

I love looking at everyone's scraps. The different colors are so, so pretty. I am interested in how those of you who bought scraps did this... Are there places that sell scraps? That's an awesome idea. Or I need to find someone to swap a bag with.
    Old 06-02-2023, 03:18 AM

I finally bought fat quarters because I needed scraps! Most of my stash fabric is blue. JA had them on sale for $1 each that day. Also, I found out that the smallest that they cut is 2"!!
    Old 06-03-2023, 04:18 PM

Default Blocks complete…

All 440 done… going for a 60x68 layout…I may add more once laid out…we’ll see.. I am going fishing for a week so I will layout and assemble upon my return. I am excited to lay this out, though…Really fun blocks to make….no repeat in fabrics….no distinctive dent in stash…lol… oh well…
    Attached Thumbnails 0067475b-24f4-41a8-9531-0d74cd59fa82.jpeg  

Last edited by Teen; 06-03-2023 at 04:21 PM.
    Old 06-03-2023, 06:29 PM

Can't wait to see it finished! Have a great time fishing....hope you catch some big ones!
    Old 06-06-2023, 05:41 AM

Peace and joy: Even though I have an overflowing scrap bin, I still enjoy buying scraps. At a quilt show last Fall, the local Quilts of Valor group was selling both scraps, fat quarters and similar and one of the local quilts shops was selling scraps based on how much you could stuff in a small bag. At the online Quilt In a Day shop, they sell Moda grab bags. Both times I have purchased this grab bag, I have received about 30 jelly roll like strips from the same collection, ranging in usable size from about 3” to 1.5” by WOF. Also at Quilt in a Day, there is something called “Scraps Eleanor Burns Threw”, which is priced at $1 and not much of a value on its own, but great when you are $0.70 from free shipping!
    Old 06-06-2023, 06:21 AM

My newest purchased scraps from Quilt in a Day.
    Attached Thumbnails img_1879.jpeg  
    Old 06-07-2023, 03:08 AM

Originally Posted by SuzSLO
    Also at Quilt in a Day, there is something called “Scraps Eleanor Burns Threw”, which is priced at $1 and not much of a value on its own, but great when you are $0.70 from free shipping!
    Thanks for that tip! I have gotten a couple of the Moda scrap bags, they do seem like a pretty good value. Last week, I got a scrap bag from FQS and most of it will go to the donation table at my quilt guild; chunks of flannel and darker prints that I didn't care for. You just never know.

I do like the idea of a little something to get you to the free shipping, and did not know that Quilt in a Day offered those; I'll keep it in mind!

Why is it that new scraps are more fun than our own, lol?
    Old 06-07-2023, 05:19 AM

Originally Posted by peaceandjoy
    Thanks for that tip! I have gotten a couple of the Moda scrap bags, they do seem like a pretty good value. Last week, I got a scrap bag from FQS and most of it will go to the donation table at my quilt guild; chunks of flannel and darker prints that I didn't care for. You just never know.

I do like the idea of a little something to get you to the free shipping, and did not know that Quilt in a Day offered those; I'll keep it in mind!

Why is it that new scraps are more fun than our own, lol?
    One reason is that my own scraps are pretty limited. I really don’t have 400 unique fabrics sitting in my scrap bin!
    Old 06-10-2023, 10:20 AM

I returned from fishing the Salmon River yesterday (caught myself a salmon and a bunch of small mouth bass, perch…yea!!)…unpacked, did my chores, pick a bunch of radishes from my garden, started laundry….doing all this thinking about when I would have the time to play with this layout…lol….here she is…. I’ll start sewing her up this evening….I really like this..

I think I have played with it enough but if you see something totally wonky, let me know…otherwise, she will sewed up as is…thank you!!
    Attached Thumbnails 2c076f54-cd36-451c-aa0e-666dec61aa68.jpeg