Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • AQS Quilt Show, Paducah, Ky >
  • AQS Quilt Show, Paducah, Ky

• AQS Quilt Show, Paducah, Ky

Old 04-30-2012, 08:22 AM

Originally Posted by 117becca
    Isn't meeting online friends in person wonderful???!!!!! We meet new people in person and talk and talk like we've known each other forever - and in a way, we have!
    Yes it is! I did not know I was going to meet to ladies from this board. My friend Dorothy is Leaha's sister and we stayed with her. She is a wonderful, FUNNY, entertaining, as well as TALENTED lady. I truly was bless to meet her. She kept us in stitches the whole time we were there.

Also arriving on the scene was Craftybear a day later as I recall. She also is alot of fun.

And I also forgot to mention earlier I met one of my online teachers from crafsty.com at the Carol Barer(not sure of spelling on last name) Studio in Paduach. Wendy Butler Berns at Craftsy.com. I'm taking a couple classes with her. She is the very same in person as she is when doing the classes. Alot of fun.

These were three ladies I had no idea I would end up meeting and certainly not with two of them in the same place I was staying and Leaha being a very gracious hostess.
    Old 04-30-2012, 08:55 AM

I was there too! Boy was it impressive. I got there Tuesday; took too many classes and had a hard time fitting in all the other stuff. However, the tent show that Eleanor Burns gave was a total hoot. She is such a funny person. I met Alex Anderson and Ricky Timms. His show was fantastic. I've shopped at Hancocks of Paducah online for about 20 years but finially got to see the place in person. WOW!
    If anyone can do it, go at least once.
    I'm all charged up and ready to go using all the fabric and ideas I picked up there.