Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • argh - minivent >
  • argh - minivent

• argh - minivent

Old 02-27-2010, 01:47 PM

LOL. I allow myself a certain time period to look for something. If I can't find it, I get another one! Good luck! (Would you like my address for some of that fabric?)
    Old 02-27-2010, 02:02 PM

Please define "fabric diet". In my case I have been on a fabric diet for the past 25+ years and proud of the results! Whether I use it all or not, it is mine, and I love every thread of it.
    Old 02-27-2010, 02:32 PM

THANK YOU SO MUCH, QUILTER7X!

Originally Posted by Quilter7x
    Originally Posted by OmaForFour
    Quilter7x, can you please tell me about that gorgeous quilt design by your name on this page next to this quote? I absolutely love it and think it would be great made into a pillow if not too big. THANKS!
    OmaForFour
    Glad you found where your walking foot "walked" off to! Good luck in class on Saturday and be sure to show us pictures. :D
    Sure! The pattern is called Center Stage put out by Pieced Tree Patterns. It's a little laminated card, around 3 1/2" X 5 1/2" with the pattern picture on one side and the directions on the other side. The patterns are simple, mostly table runners. I think they're around $3.50 each. I have several of them and really like them.

The blue, silver and white one is a table topper, around 24-30" square. You could easily make larger half square triangles to enlarge the pattern.
    Old 02-27-2010, 02:39 PM

THANK YOU SO MUCH, QUILTER7X!

Quilter7x, can you please tell me about that gorgeous quilt design by your name on this page next to this quote? I absolutely love it and think it would be great made into a pillow if not too big. THANKS!
    OmaForFour
    Glad you found where your walking foot "walked" off to! Good luck in class on Saturday and be sure to show us pictures. :D
    Sure! The pattern is called Center Stage put out by Pieced Tree Patterns. It's a little laminated card, around 3 1/2" X 5 1/2" with the pattern picture on one side and the directions on the other side. The patterns are simple, mostly table runners. I think they're around $3.50 each. I have several of them and really like them.

The blue, silver and white one is a table topper, around 24-30" square. You could easily make larger half square triangles to enlarge the pattern.
    The challenge is on now - we need to see a finished product! :lol:
    Old 02-27-2010, 04:04 PM

My class went really, really well. I think I'll wait and post a picture after I make the tote handles...last thing to do!
    Also, think I might be making friends with my walking foot...finally.
    And so much for the fabric diet, bought a yard of great shamrock fabric and two 1/2 yard pieces to coordinate. Might do some strip tube blocks with it.
    Have a good one,
    lots2do
    Old 02-27-2010, 04:08 PM

I think you and i are on the same diet. I love to love every thread of mine WHIPPERWILL
    Old 02-27-2010, 04:11 PM

Ah...yes, I think that would be the way I seem to diet. With fabric and with food.
    :)
    Old 02-27-2010, 06:09 PM

Glad to hear your class went well. One tip on doing your handles is not to use a straight stitch to sew them together because the stitching can easily break. Use a 3 step zig zag or a stretch stitch to sew from one end of the handle to the other.
    Old 02-27-2010, 09:41 PM
    Banned

Originally Posted by lots2do
    Being overtired didn't help me today. I was woken up at midnight by a police officer at my front door with an very apologetic DS. Seems some of his friends were drinking in a car (not the driver, not his best friend or himself) and they were pulled over. All underage. After the serious talk we all had, I tossed and turned all night. DH handled it much better than I, it seems. I have severe doubts about how I will handle the empty nest. (But I have plenty of fabric to line it with)! :)
    Thanks again for the kind remarks,
    lots2do
    Oh I am so glad all my boys are adults, I had a few knocks on my door through the years. and I am always looking for some thing.
    Old 02-28-2010, 05:53 AM

Nice to see you are sewing up totes - can't have too many, lol.
    I just donated three purses to the Talent Auction at our church.
    A fun project that you start with the purchased single metal frame and handles.Then make a simple purse (cover) that slides onto the rods and voila! you have a purse. Easy then to make several in different styles and colors.