Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Attaching Quilt Labels >
  • Attaching Quilt Labels

• Attaching Quilt Labels

Old 03-13-2020, 03:43 AM

Originally Posted by Kwiltr
    No, I haven’t done that. I always attach mine in the corner of the quilt before sewing on the binding, so it is caught on two sides by the binding and then I just hand stitch the remaining side(s) by hand. That way I feel it is very securely attached.
    That is precisely how I attach my labels. I learned the importance of labels here on the board and how vital it is for us note some basic information about the quilt and quilter. So, if that info is important let's do what can be done to keep the label on the quilt. The look of raw edge on the label would be interesting but IMHO it would still need to be sewn in somehow.
    Old 03-13-2020, 05:13 AM

I've used raw edge applique for every one of my labels. They seem to be doing fine. I started out using Wonder Under on the entire label, fusing it down, and then zigzagging the edges, but I also attach to the backing prior to quilting so that the quilting goes through the label so there's no ballooning. If I were going to attach it after the quilt was quilted, I would definitely use the fusible web on the entire piece plus sew the edges down. I like to attach prior to quilting because I'm not sure I'd like being able to see the outline of the label on the front of the quilt? I also don't hand sew at all, so everything is machine for me. YMMV