Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Aurifil Thread >
  • Aurifil Thread

• Aurifil Thread

Old 05-29-2012, 03:19 PM

Originally Posted by Marilynsue
    Is this thread good for FMQ?
    I've been usin' it for FMQ. For me it works great. The lady that I took the FMQ class from even recommended it.
    Old 05-29-2012, 03:24 PM

I've ordered from Tristan's a couple of times and have never had a charge. Maybe because I used a debit card? Even with shipping from Canada, it's still close to half of the price that I pay locally. When I ordered through them, I got a door crasher that was something like 15 spools.

Prior to my conversion to Aurifil, I used Mettler silk-finish cotton... Now when I put a spool of Mettler in, I hate it! It seems likes it's all slubby and chunky. I've been trying to use it up.
    Old 05-29-2012, 05:40 PM

all the replies are spot on! Aurifil thread just works so great in my machine. Whenever I have gotten a different brand I have been so disappointed that I go back to Aurifil for a great look for my seams and a smooth running machine. I order mine from Tristan's in Canada and it is still a good deal!
    Old 05-29-2012, 05:57 PM

I have been using Aurfil for at least 10 years, introduced to it by a teacher I took a FMQ class from. My FW does not like it in the bobbin. I have also used it on my HQ 16 for quilting. love, love love it.
    Oh yea, my go to for ordering is Tristan Threads, even with the higher shipping it is still cheaper.
    Old 05-29-2012, 06:10 PM

Superior Thread company also sells it...I think the addy is superiorthreads.com.........
    Old 05-29-2012, 07:29 PM

LOVE Aurifil. When there were wildfires all around us, I packed up all my Aurifil and told my husband, this box goes in the car if we need to evacuate...forget about the family pictures.

There are for those who like to buy more than one spool at a time there are a few 12 packs of different colors.
    Called "Kit Art A few of my favorite Threads" by Edyta Sitar and "The Basic Collection" by Mark Lipinski and a few others....

Carole
    Old 05-29-2012, 07:41 PM

Originally Posted by momto5
    Superior Thread company also sells it...I think the addy is superiorthreads.com.........

Superior Threads sells Superior Threads. They don't sell other company's threads.
    Old 05-29-2012, 08:14 PM

Superior Threads "Masterpiece" is what I use to piece with. It might be worth a price comparison. It is also 50 wt and comparable to, or IMHO better than, Aurofil.
    Old 05-30-2012, 12:43 AM

I love Aurifil thread. When I had my quilt store, I became aquainted with it and fell in love. Once closing the store, I didn't have access to it and any I did find was very expensive. Then I found Tristan Italian Threads in B.C. here in Canada. I have ordered twice now from them and couldn't believe the service. I had my thread within 5 business days and was thrilled. My Janome 6600, Viking Sapphire 875Q and Tin Lizzie DSL18 all love it and the price is really good. I watch for their sales, but it always seems like something is on sale, so, needless to say, I don't have to do without...in thread at least.
    Old 05-30-2012, 02:10 AM
    Banned

Originally Posted by momto5
    I doubt Superior Threads sells Aurifil
    Their equivalent is Masterpiece, also a 50wt cotton.
    I'm devoted to Bottom Line and to Bob's titanium needles, but not to Masterpiece - it feels stiff compared to Aurifil.