• Main
  • Baby Lock? >
  • Baby Lock?

• Baby Lock?

Old 11-23-2010, 04:54 PM

i have both machines they work the same, nice running
    Old 11-23-2010, 10:15 PM

gail=r,
    thanks for all the info you are providing, very helpful for us that are looking for an embroidery machine. My dealer has offered me the Sophia 2. How would you compare it to the Ellegante you have described? the Sophia 2 new is about $2000. I know it has a USB type A (not sure what type A means)
    I believe the loop is 4x4 with option of one a little bit larger.
    I want to buy a machine that I won't need to change for years to come. I do have a Pfaff for quilting with the IDF which I won't change for nothing in the world (well, unless there was a machine with the IDF and stitch regulator.
    Looking forward for your input adn thanks in advance
    andrea
    Old 11-23-2010, 10:18 PM

MadQuilter-
    what is teh Pfaff that you don't get along with? I cannot think of not having a Pfaff for quilting.
    andrea
    Old 11-24-2010, 07:12 AM

I have a Babylock Espire and love it. When I took my free lesson, another lady was there with a Brother that was almost identical. I asked if they were made by Babylock. She told me that Babylock did not make Brother and that Brother did not make Babylock, but they used the same manufacturing plant and that's why the machines look similiar. They give them the specs and they build it for them.

I guess it would be like two soda plants using the same bottling company.
    Old 11-24-2010, 08:47 AM
    Power Poster

Originally Posted by leakus
    MadQuilter-
    what is teh Pfaff that you don't get along with? I cannot think of not having a Pfaff for quilting.
    andrea
    It is the 2058 and it is sitting in the closet. One of these days I plan to sell it. Just because I don't get along with it (nothing wrong with the machine after all) doesn't mean it can't be a good machine for someone else.

I ended up buying the Babylock Espire and LOVELOVELOVE her."Quilla" is a real lady. I took the classes for the machine and got to know her well. Now I am taking quilting classes so I get better at the FMQ. All of my projects so far have been small practice pieces but I don't know why she wouldn't quilt a large quilt. The throat space is nice and open! Much bigger than on the Pfaff.

The other gals in the class have either Janome or Pfaff and they are continually fighting with their bobbin tension. My Babylock has not given me any grief NO MATTER how the tension was set. No rats nests, no tangles and when the stitches were pulled it was user error (too little gas - too tight turns)
    Old 11-24-2010, 02:08 PM

Originally Posted by leakus
    gail=r,
    thanks for all the info you are providing, very helpful for us that are looking for an embroidery machine. My dealer has offered me the Sophia 2. How would you compare it to the Ellegante you have described? the Sophia 2 new is about $2000. I know it has a USB type A (not sure what type A means)
    I believe the loop is 4x4 with option of one a little bit larger.
    I want to buy a machine that I won't need to change for years to come. I do have a Pfaff for quilting with the IDF which I won't change for nothing in the world (well, unless there was a machine with the IDF and stitch regulator.
    Looking forward for your input adn thanks in advance
    andrea
    OMG....2K is WAY too much money for the Sofia. You should be able to get the Ellure Plus for that amount of money. Alot more machine with 5 x 7 Embroidery area. The Sofia sells in my neck of the woods for $600-800.
    Old 11-24-2010, 02:41 PM

I have a Brother SQ-9000 for piecing (lower end price wise, but is very solid and has some good quilting features for a machine at this price level), and a BabyLock Quilters Choice Professional on a NewJoy frame for quilting. I love both. Brother machines are truly solid little workhorses....I have had 3, of which DH now uses one and 1 is stored for grandaughter when she's a bit older.

The BabyLock is a DREAM!! I love quilting with it.

You really can't go wrong with either of these brands.
    Old 11-24-2010, 06:53 PM

[quote=Boscobd]I have a Baby Lock Quilter's Choice Professional that I got about 1 1/2 years ago and I absolutely LOVE it! It sews like a champ (has a semi-industrial motor) and is very smooth and solid. Being a machine made for quilting, it doesn't have any fancy options - straight stitch only with 4 settings for the feed dogs. I have learned to FM with it as well. I highly recommend this machine. :thumbup:[/quote
    They are very nice machines and yes they are solid.
    Old 11-24-2010, 07:01 PM

Originally Posted by Boscobd
    I have a Baby Lock Quilter's Choice Professional that I got about 1 1/2 years ago and I absolutely LOVE it! It sews like a champ (has a semi-industrial motor) and is very smooth and solid. Being a machine made for quilting, it doesn't have any fancy options - straight stitch only with 4 settings for the feed dogs. I have learned to FM with it as well. I highly recommend this machine. :thumbup:
    I have it also and love it a real work horse
    Old 05-06-2011, 04:55 AM

Originally Posted by stitchinwitch
    The Babylock is looking really good to me also. The price seems to be more reachable - but being a senior citizen, I wonder if I should jump in. I have so many machines already - and they are fine for different things - maybe I should wait? I heard there are no machines in Heaven, so I am torn!!!
    Don't believe the rumor of "no machines in heaven" God has many plans for us, if there are no machines then he will have something better. In other words buy what you want here and enjoy it.