Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Back to ruler work on my sitdown >
  • Back to ruler work on my sitdown

• Back to ruler work on my sitdown

Old 09-01-2020, 06:38 PM

Default Back to ruler work on my sitdown

I have been away from my Sweet 16 for quite a few months. I got back into it by quilting a couple of baby quilts (babies keep coming even in pandemics) and some donation quilts for my guild. I made a small quilt just to practice piecing skills for using the same blocks on a king sized quilt, and I thought it would be the perfect size to do some ruler work on. I am having the best time with it! Doing just simple meanders for the donation quilts has really improved my stitch length consistency (I don’t have a stitch regulator), and the ruler work is looking good. Of course I discovered my needle wasn’t centered in the foot, but I got that fixed. I have been using the LineTamer ruler from Patsy Thompson and the circle rulers from Apothecary’s Apprentice (Jamie Wallen). They both make it so easy. And of course, I decided I needed a few more sizes of circles! Does anyone else have an addiction to quilting rulers? Not the ones for cutting, but the ones for quilting.
    Old 09-01-2020, 07:38 PM

Yes, I love my rulers! Handi Quilter is on Ruler of the Month Club #7, and there's some good ones there. And they're only $20 each when you join the club. I've gotten quite a few that way. I also love my Westalee Rulers. Have a basic set for my Bernina and more for my Handi Quilter. HQ's Wave B is a great one for doing over a panel, or when you just want something simple and not distracting.
    Old 09-01-2020, 07:57 PM
    Power Poster

Ruler work is fun!
    Old 09-02-2020, 07:34 AM

Yes, I love doing ruler work on both my Sweet Sixteen and my PQ1500s.

Rob