Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Bad Sewing Night last night! >
  • Bad Sewing Night last night!

• Bad Sewing Night last night!

Old 01-30-2011, 01:32 PM

I have those kind of nights often enough! Sorry!
    Old 01-30-2011, 01:39 PM
    Banned

Ok had a major mommy melt down - threatened to completely go on strike and they could fix their own jeans; make their own supper; and about 90 other things that I rambled off in 40 seconds - now everyone is silently cleaning (well I'm taking a coffee break because I had a 2 hour start on them).

What kills me is for 5 kids who said their rooms are not dirty - why have they put at least 7 loads of dirty clothes in the hallway?

No sewing today - last night was too frustrating = so when I'm done cleaning I'm going to organize my material and hope that makes me feel better and get a fresh start tomorrow!!!
    Old 02-01-2011, 05:21 AM

I went through every machine needle I had on friday, 10 in 24 hours. I kept going, went and bought all the store had yesterday. 14 packs of needles. Frustrating but a girls gotta quilt! Hope things have lighten up for you!
    Old 02-01-2011, 06:12 AM

Originally Posted by pamkasperi
    Ok had a major mommy melt down - threatened to completely go on strike and they could fix their own jeans; make their own supper; and about 90 other things that I rambled off in 40 seconds - now everyone is silently cleaning (well I'm taking a coffee break because I had a 2 hour start on them).

What kills me is for 5 kids who said their rooms are not dirty - why have they put at least 7 loads of dirty clothes in the hallway?

No sewing today - last night was too frustrating = so when I'm done cleaning I'm going to organize my material and hope that makes me feel better and get a fresh start tomorrow!!!
    Their rooms aren't dirty because all the clothes are now in the hallway. ("their room is clean") And when they bring them out after you have caught up the clothes that is really frustrating.!!!

Hang in there things will get better!
    Old 02-01-2011, 06:23 AM

[quote=CarolLady]
    Originally Posted by pamkasperi

All my kids' dirty clothes were in the kitchen yesterday. Things are better today. Hope they will be for you too. I will never buy another house with the washer and dryer in the kitchen. It's just too cluttered. But at least I have a home. So many people don't these days. I am thankful for what I have, but I do sympathize with your frustration too. Take a deep breath, enjoy organizing your material, and try to find some time to sew today. As a favorite LQS owner of mine likes to say "Find some time to stitch today. It keeps us healthy."
    Old 02-01-2011, 06:55 AM

My washer is located in the bathroom and my dryer is in the garage. (darn burrrrish transfer of clothes from one to the other) The way the house was set up when I bought it. not a good feature!!!
    Old 02-01-2011, 07:40 AM

Originally Posted by CarolLady
    My washer is located in the bathroom and my dryer is in the garage. (darn burrrrish transfer of clothes from one to the other) The way the house was set up when I bought it. not a good feature!!!
    Oh me! At least my washer and dryer are together in the kitchen. Keep safe and warm!
    Old 02-01-2011, 08:02 AM

Yeppers! At least I have one of each... Just have to move fast when transferring... lol