• Main
  • Barbara Brackman >
  • Barbara Brackman

• Barbara Brackman

Old 10-29-2015, 09:48 AM

Default Phones

Originally Posted by Peckish
    Ok I'm going off topic...

Jan, there are a lot of phones nowadays that are wifi-enabled. I have a "smart" phone, but I only pay $10 a month for it. I get unlimited calls and texts, and I have no data unless I'm near wifi. Since I have wifi at home and work, I essentially get unlimited data 95% of the time, with no overage charges or throttling.

I honestly didn't think I would use data all that much, but now there are so many things I can get done via the internet without having to leave my home. (For instance, I now do all my banking - pay bills, make deposits, etc - via my phone.) When my laptop crashed, it was really nice having another device that could access internet and email until I could buy a new laptop.
    Hi- what plan and with what carrier do you get such goodies?! I have an I phone
    Old 10-29-2015, 09:56 AM

Originally Posted by Sandi
    Hi- what plan and with what carrier do you get such goodies?! I have an I phone
    Republic Wireless. You have to buy the phone up front, which seems to put a lot of people off for some reason. But I did the math, and I've saved $1500 over the last 2 years.
    Old 10-29-2015, 10:15 AM

Originally Posted by QuiltnNan
    I like her Monday Oct 26 post... some of the mistakes took a long time to find
    http://barbarabrackman.blogspot.com/
    I did try to find the post you mentioned, but the selector goes from the 20th to today only. You have peaked my curiosity..... Is there a way to find that page that I may have missed? I tried searching older posts and the search feature, but I don't have the proper title for that date....can you help?
    Old 10-30-2015, 09:01 AM

Originally Posted by madamekelly
    I did try to find the post you mentioned, but the selector goes from the 20th to today only.
    Not sure what you mean by "the selector". I clicked the link QuiltnNan provided, scrolled down, and there it was. And the article was posted on Oct 26th, so it should have been included in the date range you provided.

Here's a link that goes directly to that post, maybe that will be easier to find?

http://barbarabrackman.blogspot.com/...y-mistake.html
    Old 10-30-2015, 11:01 AM

Not sure what you mean by "the selector". I clicked the link QuiltnNan provided, scrolled down, and there it was. And the article was posted on Oct 26th, so it should have been included in the date range you provided.

Here's a link that goes directly to that post, maybe that will be easier to find?

http://barbarabrackman.blogspot.com/...y-mistake.html
    Thank you for your assistance. I was having a "dork moment". That was like where's Waldo. Lots of fun. Makes me feel better about my quilts. I believe done is better than perfect.
    Old 10-31-2015, 01:16 AM

Peckish, thanks for the link to Barbara's post. Some of those goofs are hilarious, and made me lol. Makes a common quilter feel better about her own mistakes, doesn't it? We all make them. I'm just glad none of mine got published, like some of those!
    Old 11-01-2015, 06:34 PM

Peckish I have to get " smart phone " educated. Who is your provider for that ten bucks a month. Hoping Fl has the same plan

Ok I'm going off topic...

Jan, there are a lot of phones nowadays that are wifi-enabled. I have a "smart" phone, but I only pay $10 a month for it. I get unlimited calls and texts, and I have no data unless I'm near wifi. Since I have wifi at home and work, I essentially get unlimited data 95% of the time, with no overage charges or throttling.

I honestly didn't think I would use data all that much, but now there are so many things I can get done via the internet without having to leave my home. (For instance, I now do all my banking - pay bills, make deposits, etc - via my phone.) When my laptop crashed, it was really nice having another device that could access internet and email until I could buy a new laptop.
    Old 11-01-2015, 07:00 PM

Originally Posted by Mornigstar
    Peckish I have to get " smart phone " educated. Who is your provider for that ten bucks a month. Hoping Fl has the same plan
    Answered upthread. Post # 12.