Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • BasketCase Quilt Top >
  • BasketCase Quilt Top

• BasketCase Quilt Top

Old 04-04-2011, 09:33 AM

Very unique pattern. You've done a great job. I think I would try a narrow brighter colored sashing (such as red) and then a wider border using the background color.
    Old 04-04-2011, 10:13 AM

In the first horizontal row, near the bottom a block with yellow in it seems to be incorrect. I wasn't going to say anything but thought you would want to know sooner rather than later. It is a really cool pattern and great colors.
    Old 04-04-2011, 10:25 AM

Fabulous quilt.
    Old 04-04-2011, 10:26 AM

Originally Posted by g-maquilts
    In the first horizontal row, near the bottom a block with yellow in it seems to be incorrect. I wasn't going to say anything but thought you would want to know sooner rather than later. It is a really cool pattern and great colors.
    I see it too. It would be easy to correct now. One of the yellow strips needs to be tucked under where both are on top of the piece they are crossing. I did not see it until you pointed it out. If it was mine I would appreciate someone pointing it out to me before quilting. Better now than later. LOL ]

sassy granny
    Old 04-04-2011, 10:48 AM

oh geez you are absolutely correct!! guess what? i already put a border on :-( hmmm.... i don't think it's worth taking all apart (do you?)
    Old 04-04-2011, 10:49 AM

I DO appreciate it. Thanks for bringing it to my attention. I think I will leave it in (since I already added the border) and it can be the guessing game of the quilt - see who can find it ...what do you think?
    Originally Posted by sassy granny
    I see it too. It would be easy to correct now. One of the yellow strips needs to be tucked under where both are on top of the piece they are crossing. I did not see it until you pointed it out. If it was mine I would appreciate someone pointing it out to me before quilting. Better now than later. LOL ]

sassy granny
    Old 04-04-2011, 11:15 AM

Originally Posted by yolanda
    I DO appreciate it. Thanks for bringing it to my attention. I think I will leave it in (since I already added the border) and it can be the guessing game of the quilt - see who can find it ...what do you think?
    Originally Posted by sassy granny

sassy granny
    I think it's beautiful and I wouldn't tear it apart for that either. I didn't see it until the other lady noticed it.
    Old 04-04-2011, 01:20 PM

This a very pretty quilt. Love the flow and don't change it. very unique. Thanks for sharing.
    Old 04-04-2011, 01:30 PM

Sassy, I wouldn't bother with it either, I hate unsewing!!!!
    Old 04-04-2011, 01:41 PM

Great pattern. Is that the name of the pattern, or are you saying you were a "basket case" working on it. I know I would be. :)