Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Bernina 440QE >
  • Bernina 440QE

• Bernina 440QE

Old 11-10-2018, 11:51 AM

I have the same machine and I have been told it is one of the best. It seems I bought mine about 10yrs or so and it was 3000$ I have had very good luck with mine and it has the bsr and \Embordary modgule also but I never used that because I have a Mac computer and you needed a PC. Go for it and hope it has several feet with it.
    Old 11-11-2018, 05:21 AM

I actually have 2 440 QE's! My DH wanted me to have one to keep set up at home and one to travel with. I love mine and will always keep at least one of them. Have never had any major issues and like others here, I do not use the embroidery unit. Just not into that.
    Old 11-11-2018, 06:33 AM

Thank you everyone for your feedback. It sounds like I should definitely get. Very excited. Thank you again.
    Old 11-13-2018, 04:58 PM

I have had a 440 for probably a decade. Gift from DH. If you can get it with the BSR for $1000, grab it. I think we paid that for the BSR alone.

Don't know that I will ever need another machine.
    Old 11-13-2018, 06:11 PM

I just also recently bought at 440QE on ebay for $960 with the BSR but no embroidery unit so as long as it has the BSR it’s a good deal. You should ask how many stitches it has on it. Mine had over 2mil. & my friend, a Bernina tech said it was still an excellent deal. They usually go for $1,200 to $1,300 minimum with the BSR, & with or without the embroidery module. You can pick up an embroidery module later for a few hundred $’s if needed. If it’s got both, you’ve really got a steal.
    My Bernina tech recommends that I brush out my machine including under the feed dogs & add a drop of oil every 3rd bobbin I use so try to follow that. The machine has been a joy to sew on compared to my Viking Husqvarna Platinum 770 I had before. I’m assured it’ll last me for many, many years to come. Good luck with your purchase!
    Old 11-13-2018, 08:29 PM

PM me if you ever want to sell your 1260, I just love that machine. Hope it's not in the near future though. Presently, I have to rebuild a house hit in N.C. from hurricane florence. Enjoy your new machine and happy quilting.
    Old 11-14-2018, 03:29 PM

Thank you for all of your helpful feedback. The 440 is being serviced by the owner so I am waiting to see if it checks out. In the meantime, I have found a 750QE for the price of 999. Should I consider that one instead of the 440? I appreciate your help. Thanks!