Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Bernina owners...  Help please >
  • Bernina owners... Help please

• Bernina owners... Help please

Old 07-13-2015, 03:00 AM

I have a Bernina 730E. While using the BSR when free motion quilting, I had eyelashes when I rounded a curve. I called my Bernina dealer, he said it was because I was going too fast around the curve. My machine is usually set on 3.0 stitch length and 4.50 tension and use Organ needles size 14 for quilting. I buy them online, Missouri Star Quilt Co. There is a horn symbol that can be selected on my machine and only shows up when the BSR is plugged in. It shows up as red on the screen, when selected it turns blue. It bleeps when you're going too fast when using the BSR. Also, if you have the bobbin with the pigtail, you may want to try that. It's for quilting and embroidery, but I don't find I need it for quilting.
    Old 07-13-2015, 05:05 AM

I love my BSR on my Bernina. This is what I do for my tension issues. I thread the bobbin thread through the little hole at the edge of the hook on the bobbin case. works like a charm.
    Old 07-13-2015, 09:51 AM

Originally Posted by quiltingbuddy
    I used King Tut on both top and bottom with a 90/14 topstitch needle as instructed at my Bernina Dealer before they left. I guess that does make a difference but I think I've had this issue before with Aurafil also.
    Use King Tut on top, with a 90/14 top stitch needle and use Bottom Line in the bobbin. Using King Tut top and bobbin is way too heavy for the machine to work with.
    Old 07-13-2015, 07:16 PM

Best of luck with all the suggestions. I have two Berninas. One of the selling points for the new one was the BSR. Now, I don't like it. With practice, practice PRACTICE, I've gotten smoother. Not perfect by any means, or even professional looking, but still better than what I produced using the BSR. I think it's a personal choice, like so much in art and craft is.