Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Bernina vs. Janome...a new twist.... >
  • Bernina vs. Janome...a new twist....

• Bernina vs. Janome...a new twist....

Old 01-17-2010, 06:16 AM

Definitely check out Pattern Review for ratings on sewing machines. They're great. http://sewing.patternreview.com/SewingMachine/
    Old 01-17-2010, 08:31 AM

I love my Janome. She hasn't let me down :-P
    Old 01-17-2010, 08:39 AM

I dont have either my machine is a Viking and I like alot about it especially the large throat area. After reading maney posts on this subject it seems everyone likes different brands. So go with one that has all the features you want at the price your budget allows.
    One thing I really would like a Bernina for is the stitch regulator but they are the most expensive brand to buy.
    Old 01-17-2010, 09:13 AM

I have two Janomes, one is the 6600, and the other is a 1600P on the NewJoy magic Quilting Frame.

The janome dealer I go to is family owned, and operated. When you call or stop by it's like being home. Whatever the need thay make the time for you, and if there is a problem they make it right. If you have to drop off your machine you will have it back the same day 99.9 % of the time, Dave knows how we go through withdrawals without our machines.

I love my dealer and my Janome's.
    Old 01-17-2010, 10:56 AM

Originally Posted by fireworkslover
    One thing to consider is that Bernina have special feet. If you want to purchase an open toe foot (for example), at your fabric shop, it won't fit on the Bernina unless you have a special attachment to attach to the foot itself. I sew on a Bernina at my job and know this to be true.
    I have purchased several feet for my Bernina including an open toe foot and the walking foot and never needed a special attachment. What special attachment are you talking about?
    Old 01-17-2010, 12:41 PM

Maribeth, Me too, I have purchased several additional feet for my machine and no attachment or adapter needed. May be that that was the older machines or a generic foot.
    Old 01-17-2010, 12:48 PM
    wv

I have a Bernina and have never regretted it. I have the 1260 and keep up in quilting groups with all the ladies with the new Brothers and Janome. Employees at a store changes, and if you're like me, you'll relocated several times within the lifespan of the machine. I wouldn't suggest making a decision based on just the people in the store nearest you. I'd suggest going with the machine you're most comfortable with the feel and features.
    Old 01-17-2010, 01:18 PM

There's a Janome ad in the newest Quilter's Newsletter that's saying they're coming out with a new model in April.
    Old 01-17-2010, 07:33 PM
    Banned

Dang, Scissor Queen! :~) I thought I had my mind made up and now I hear this!!! What's a girl to do??? I researched it a little on the Janome website and sure enough, something is coming out in April but they're not saying what. I don't want to wait!!!! Hmmmmmm........... :) Thanks for the heads up~~it would have really stunk to have learned that AFTER the purchase!
    Old 01-17-2010, 07:37 PM

Originally Posted by BKinCO
    Dang, Scissor Queen! :~) I thought I had my mind made up and now I hear this!!! What's a girl to do??? I researched it a little on the Janome website and sure enough, something is coming out in April but they're not saying what. I don't want to wait!!!! Hmmmmmm........... :) Thanks for the heads up~~it would have really stunk to have learned that AFTER the purchase!
    I know!! I've been planning on buying the 6600 this spring and now I think I'll wait until after the new model comes out. I may want the new model or the 6600 may drop in price.

Personally I think they're just torturing us!!