Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Best Chair for Back >
  • Best Chair for Back

• Best Chair for Back

Old 04-13-2020, 12:41 PM

Don't know if you have ordered yet but you can check office surplus stores in your area to see if they are open. I was surprised to find out that furniture stores in my area, Houston, are open for business. If the office surplus store is open in your area you might get a great deal on a chair you can try before you buy.
    Old 04-13-2020, 02:41 PM

Thanks. Did not think of that.
    Old 04-15-2020, 10:49 AM

Wink

Originally Posted by Tartan
    I use an adjustable office chair with no arms.
    Mine came from IKEA, and I remember sitting on a few and choosing the one that fit my butt best!
    Old 04-16-2020, 03:29 AM

Thanks quilting cat. A good plan if we were in different times.
    Old 04-17-2020, 06:15 PM

I know I am late to the party - I haven't been here at all for weeks!

Like you, my desk is just a bit taller than the norm. That's bc we made it out of two "short" cabinets; each one has two shelves in it. Spaced them far enough apart for a chair to comfortably fit under and topped with wood.

After a couple of office chairs, both highly rated but not very expensive, I realized that I'd never get the height I need from a standard chair. I looked around and tried those that I could. It's really frustrating that, even before the pandemic, there are not a lot of chairs that are available to test.

I finally decided to get a Heavenly Sewing Chair with an extended cylinder and I could not be happier. You can customize them in many ways - extended cylinder, different fabrics, arms or not, etc. Yes, they are pricey, but it is so comfortable and supportive, and I can adjust to just the right height.

As a high school secretary, I bought a lot of chairs over the years. We moved into a new building, additional staff, chairs wore out, etc. I can tell you that the cylinder fails on a ridiculous number of chairs - it's probably the number one reason we needed replacements. I'd pay particular attention to that, and the guarantee.
    Old 04-18-2020, 03:08 AM
    Power Poster

Originally Posted by peaceandjoy
    I finally decided to get a Heavenly Sewing Chair with an extended cylinder and I could not be happier. You can customize them in many ways - extended cylinder, different fabrics, arms or not, etc. Yes, they are pricey, but it is so comfortable and supportive, and I can adjust to just the right height.....
    I checked out the website and was surprised that they don't have sewing themed fabric for their sewing chairs