Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Best cutting table to buy >
  • Best cutting table to buy

• Best cutting table to buy

Old 12-29-2016, 06:13 PM

Originally Posted by Mdegenhart
    I have two of these (or similar) from my dad's old school classroom, pushed together into a big island for my sewing, pressing, cutting and when cleared off, a big surface to layer & baste. The overhanging edges also allow use of bullnose clamps to secure the backing.

http://www.schooloutlet.com/603672_P...=google&back=2
    I have several of those in varying sizes in my sewing room. I got them used at a used office furniture store for very little money. I've had them for years.
    Old 12-29-2016, 07:34 PM

My friend bought that flimsy table that folds to 16" that Joann's sells. She bought it for her daughter. When they discovered how flimsy it was, they took measurements and made it from oak that they had from their own trees when they first built their house many years ago. They shared the measurements with my DH and he raised it several inches for me (my friend is short). One of those LARGE (36' x 60")cutting mats just fits on it. I LOVE IT!!!
    Old 12-29-2016, 08:16 PM

My cutting table is assembled from two drawer units and a tabletop from Ikea, fastened together like an oversized desk.
    Old 12-30-2016, 07:18 AM

Originally Posted by sailsablazin
    My friend bought that flimsy table that folds to 16" that Joann's sells. She bought it for her daughter. When they discovered how flimsy it was, they took measurements and made it from oak that they had from their own trees when they first built their house many years ago. They shared the measurements with my DH and he raised it several inches for me (my friend is short). One of those LARGE (36' x 60")cutting mats just fits on it. I LOVE IT!!!
    That is a great idea sailsablazin! My husband is wood handy...if he just made the base we could still use the top. I will have to check with him! I really don't want a wood top.
    Old 12-30-2016, 08:36 AM

Originally Posted by Shorebird
    Wait until Martelli has a Redline Direct 50% off sale.....their workstations are wonderful......best cutting table/work station you can get.........
    Just an FYI regarding Martelli's: I just received an email that they are going to have a 50% off Flash sale on Jan 5th.
    Old 12-30-2016, 09:33 AM

Originally Posted by Friday1961
    Is there a brand name you're willing to share? Just in case I ever see one like it?
    Answered upthread.

Originally Posted by quiltingcandy
    I wish there was some sign of the manufacturer on my table but there isn't any. I bought it a a store named, Burdick's in Chula Vista, CA. It was on sale about 10 years ago for $350.00 (marked down from $400.00). I was in there not too long ago and asked the owner if he ever gets them in and he said he quit selling them because they didn't move. But if you have a person that can build it, there isn't that much to it. I would be happy to take more detailed pictures of it and send it to you.
    Old 12-30-2016, 10:29 AM

Here's what I just bought through Amazon. I just moved and re-did my sewing room. This table is great. 36" tall, 42" long and 24" deep. I'm really enjoying it.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]564604[/ATTACH]
    Attached Thumbnails cutting-table.jpg  
    Old 12-30-2016, 11:59 AM

Thank you for the reply -- from everyone -- to my question about brand/manufacturer of that great folding table.