Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Best invisible thread?? >
  • Best invisible thread??

• Best invisible thread??

Old 07-30-2012, 04:01 PM

I have had good luck with YLI and SewArt brands of invisible thread...but next time I shop I may get the newer invisible polyester to try.
    Old 07-31-2012, 06:34 AM

Thanks so much for all the input and suggestions. I've been on the phone with the dealer, and he wants to see for himself. He's pretty stumped, too. He says that I've tried most of what he would have suggested. He's 40 miles away, so I'll have to plan a Saturday to get it up there. In the meantime, I've got other suggestions from the wonderful quilters on this board. This is such a great group! Thanks, again.
    Old 07-31-2012, 07:50 AM

[Have you considered invisfil?
    http://www.softexpressions.com/softw...ads/WNInvF.php
    It is not a clear monofiliment but it is so fine, it is like silk and sinks right into the fabric)

Thanks Feline Fanatic - I am always looking for new ways and products to help me out and I think this will be one of them. I went out and looked and am going to try the invisfil.
    Old 07-31-2012, 12:12 PM

I use what Harriet Hargrove ( might be Hargrave) sells on her web site. she has been machine quilting for years, and using invisible thread, back then she was really raked over the coals for it. Thank goodness she did'nt listen, her quilting is exceptional!! I have never had a problem using what she sells. You can buy the smoke color for darker fabrics from her also.
    Old 05-09-2013, 10:13 AM

New member. Appreciate all previous blog on sewing w invisable thread. Ready to throw my machine out the
    window, but suspect problems would just continue on another one. Determined to solve my problems! You all
    have given me a few things to try, but seeking more input on how to WIND it on my bobbin. I suspect it is
    relative. Also, when things go south & I immediately get spaghetti on the underside everytime I go check
    everything when I restart, I note the bobbin case is jumping & rattling around. I'm going to try a tighter
    tension on the bobbin case, but noted a number of "loosen opper tension" remarks. Help, I'm ready to scream!
    Thank you, new friends! Couldn't re-find the blogger who asked "Why invisable thread?" OMG, I love it to
    death... when it's behaving! Have a great one... Norma