Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Best Steam Iron? >
  • Best Steam Iron?

• Best Steam Iron?

Old 04-07-2014, 03:18 PM

Thanks for the info ladies. I hate shopping for a new iron but my current one is starting to leak from somewhere. Shall be checking out both the Reliable Velocity and the B&D Digital advantage.
    Old 04-07-2014, 05:07 PM
    Power Poster

I got my new Rowenta 1750 at Costco for about $70.00. Love it. I love steam to get my seams flat.
    Old 04-07-2014, 05:17 PM

I just bought Oliso steam iron. I know I spent too much money, but I wanted to be sure it was a good one and it's the one that self rises when you put it down. I've seen Jenny Doan use it in her tutes.
    Old 04-07-2014, 07:34 PM

I've had my Oliso for about4 1/2 years. I have the light blue one- I love it, works as well as the day I got it, great steam and I love the self lifting feature.
    Old 04-09-2014, 03:10 AM

I'll never use anything other than my Euro. The heat never shuts off, and it sits flat on a Teflon pad. This prevents a lot of carpel tunnel pain since I don't have to twist my wrist when picking it up and putting it down.
    Old 04-09-2014, 03:30 AM

Default Your new iron

Originally Posted by millieruth
    I know I am opening a can of worms and will get lots of responses but looking to replace my cheap iron which I like just fine but is not so powerful with the steam any morel. Does the wattage on them make a difference, i.e. the higher the wattage, the more steam? Thanks for all suggestions.
    My only suggestion would be to determine how long the iron stays on before it automatically shuts off. I had one that shut off very quickly and that was very irritating.
    Old 04-09-2014, 04:05 AM

Originally Posted by JENNR8R
    I'll never use anything other than my Euro. The heat never shuts off, and it sits flat on a Teflon pad. This prevents a lot of carpel tunnel pain since I don't have to twist my wrist when picking it up and putting it down.
    I love the Euro Steam because you can never burn any kind of fabric, and you never get shiny spots on black slacks!
    Old 04-09-2014, 04:21 AM

Originally Posted by Painiacs
    What about the one jenny uses at Missouri quilting co? Expensive though! I got mine new in box at thrift store! Love them cause they are older heavier ones so seem to iron wrinkles better!!!
    @ Paniacs, I have the
    one like Jenny uses on her videos, I love it, works great and I got mine for around $169.00 I think on EBay. If you look you can find them cheaper. Some place they were over $200.00.
    Old 04-09-2014, 05:07 AM

I just won a Hamilton beach durithon iron. Just started using this week and so far loving heats quick steam galore and not too heavy. So far it's a winner
    Old 04-09-2014, 05:25 AM

I rarely use steam in my iron. If I want dampness I spritz either with water or Best Press. One thing that was important to me when I bought an iron was a stainless sole plate. I didn't want any coating on the sole plate to start to peel off or get scratched. I also felt it would be easier to clean it if got gucky. I use a magic eraser (Mr. Clean or other brand) on a cold iron and it comes out shiny bright. I also wanted an auto off but the auto offs they have now seem to shut off very quickly after you quit moving the iron. It would be nice to have a longer time there.