Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Best Way to remove chalk >
  • Best Way to remove chalk

• Best Way to remove chalk

Old 08-25-2009, 11:35 AM

Well this is another update on my trials of getting chalk out of my fabric. I tried the Shout one more time and actually put my sample through the wash in a fabric bag. Again the blue came out totally and the yellow stayed. Next I tried OxiClean Max force spray. I followed the directions. I waited 5 minutes and the blue faded so did the yellow. I reapplied more of the cleaner and waited another 5 minutes. The blue came out the yellow was still slightly visible. I then reapplied and let it dry into my fabric. When it was dry I put a little more on my scrap piece and threw it back into my bag and washed it in the washing machine. Put it through the dryer and checked it. The yellow is so faded that you would have to be looking for it to find it. Now I am going to finish binding "my hearts blocked" in quilt and give it the same treatment. Yes on gentle wash and medium heat till damp dry in the dryer. Will post pictures and results when finished.
    Old 08-25-2009, 11:46 AM
    Power Poster

Whew!!!! I am so glad that you found something that will work for you!!! Thanks for the updates!!! :D :D :D
    Old 08-25-2009, 11:52 AM
    Power Poster

to have to go thru so much to get chalk out, really makes me think twice about getting any of the chalk pens. drat! I thought it would be one of the easier marking methods to remove. I like the pens that fade and even the blue ones, that rinse out, but not always, the first time :?
    but, I want something that doesn't take all the fuss, and I am a bad one, to forget, and 'press' over markings,...and that sets them sometimes.
    No major mess ups, yet, but don't want any either.
    So far, been leaning heavily on a gray marking pencil.