Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • BEWARE using Coupons for Jo-Ann Fabrics >
  • BEWARE using Coupons for Jo-Ann Fabrics

• BEWARE using Coupons for Jo-Ann Fabrics

Old 03-27-2011, 02:50 PM

Well, JoAnns has new owner management. I would suggest that we all complain to each store's managers and then also either email and call the corporate office to voice our complaints. When they have to keep spending time on the phone to hear our complaints and how many phone calls are calling to complain then they may change their practice.

I think they think that we're stupid and won't notice what they're doing to try to make their profits.

If we tell them, they need to change or we will stop buying from them, then it may get their attention.

I will gladly buy from another fabric source until JoAnn's change their practices. Everytime I hear or read, of this practice at their stores it makes me not want to shop there.

Voice your opinions with the store managers and with the corporate management and maybe they'll stop trying to trick us.

Pam M
    Old 03-27-2011, 03:21 PM

I have learned to take the good with the ... not so good with them. I just don't have the expectation that I will always be on the winning side of the deal, I suppose if I/we were they could not continue to be in business.
    Companies change there business models when the consumer speaks to them in the language they understand....
    $$$$.
    Old 03-27-2011, 04:11 PM

What I do is when I get to the fabric counter before they even cut I have them tell me which ones are on sale and which are not so I know if any of my coupons can be used.
    Old 03-27-2011, 05:50 PM

Originally Posted by hobbykat1955
    What I do is when I get to the fabric counter before they even cut I have them tell me which ones are on sale and which are not so I know if any of my coupons can be used.
    That is what I do @ both stores . I just say "well since my coupons are no good I don't wont that piece" I have been know to just walk out w/ nothing. Then i won't go back for a while but out lsq are very thin here.
    Old 03-28-2011, 12:59 PM

According to corporate insist that they give you the coupon off if there is no sign saying on sale at the display. They don't want it coming back to them from management above, Hopefully all will stand up and demand the manager honors the coupon if they do not have a sale price posted. If we are passive and pay whatever they say they're happy and think we are stupid.
    Old 03-28-2011, 02:19 PM

Thanks for all this wonderful advice of which I will be using.
    Old 03-28-2011, 02:35 PM

This weekend I went to use a 50% off any 1 cut of fabric coupon. On the coupon it said "Any by the yard merchandise at regular price". I asked them if I could use it for batting by the yard, but she said no, because the cash register picks up the batting as polyester rolls and won't give the discount. Then she said they have a "style book" for $2.99 with 2 50% off and 4 40% off coupons on the back page that are off any merchandise at regular price. So, my DH and I bought a whole carton of Warm & White and saved $260!!! WOW!! I am thrilled, and have enough batting for about 3 years!! :-) (thumbs up!!!)
    Old 03-28-2011, 02:51 PM

Originally Posted by milp04
    Well, JoAnns has new owner management. I would suggest that we all complain to each store's managers and then also either email and call the corporate office to voice our complaints. When they have to keep spending time on the phone to hear our complaints and how many phone calls are calling to complain then they may change their practice.

I think they think that we're stupid and won't notice what they're doing to try to make their profits.

If we tell them, they need to change or we will stop buying from them, then it may get their attention.

I will gladly buy from another fabric source until JoAnn's change their practices. Everytime I hear or read, of this practice at their stores it makes me not want to shop there.

Voice your opinions with the store managers and with the corporate management and maybe they'll stop trying to trick us.

Pam M
    Since the change in ownership, I think JoAnn's is more sensitive to customer service issues. There may be policies/problems from the old management that are not readily apparent to the new until the problem rears its ugly head.

From my recent emails to the company, I have found it quite responsive to my inquiries about JoAnn's policies.

One time I wrote about the condition of the restroom. A manager emailed with a positive response to my email. Two weeks later I returned to JoAnn's and found the restroom had been repainted and thoroughly cleaned.

Companies go to research agencies about customer buying habits. We as customers need to let companies know what our expectations and desires are.
    Old 03-28-2011, 02:59 PM

They opened a new JoAnns in here, I've been there a few times each experience was worse than the first. They are the most disorganized store, it takes forever to get someone to cut fabric and I asked a clerk where the quilt batting was and he didn't know what quilt batting was. I went to hobby lobby today and prayed they had what I was looking for so I wouldn't have to go to JoAnn's
    Old 03-28-2011, 02:59 PM

Support your local quilt shop! That's what I plan to do from now on, even if it does cost a little more.