Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Block numbers >
  • Block numbers

• Block numbers

Old 06-26-2020, 09:56 AM

Tartan, thanks for the tip. I could have used it a few weeks ago when I was making my Over & Down Under quilt top. I had to use tons of paper & notes to keep it all in order as to not get things mixed up. I could have used your tip back then. Will store it in my brain for another day/another quilt. Thanks!
    Old 06-26-2020, 11:15 AM

I've been using little squares of paper with safety pins, I always place my labels in the top left corner of the block, but I am amazed how often I can put two pieces of fabric/blocks together and sew the wrong edge... The calendar idea is a great size and I will keep in mind.

From a similar thread, I have what I think will be a great solution for me I had put the idea of alpha/number beads on my thrift store shopping list, but those have been closed for a few months and I'm about ready to buy retail! Gasp! full price even to get this into production.

I had gotten a craft storage unit with a lot of little compartments, like for the cards of embroidery floss. I have some medium brass safety pins (not enough, will have to get more) and then I'm going to string beads on little jewelers wire/circles and attach them through the eyes of the safety pins. I figure 20 A-1 through 20, B1-20, etc. to at least L would take care of most of my needs. I will have to sort them into the compartments but that should be too much of an effort as I'm taking them off as opposed to having them pile up first.