Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Blue and white stars, block exchange sign up >
  • Blue and white stars, block exchange sign up

• Blue and white stars, block exchange sign up

Old 10-07-2008, 08:45 AM

This is the block I'm making for our star exchange. I think it worked up nicely. Not a very good pic, though. Oh well.

Army Block
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]18508[/ATTACH]
    Attached Thumbnails attachment-18508.jpe  
    Old 10-07-2008, 09:21 AM

Wow! That is beautiful!
    I just ordered my material last night.
    Can't wait to start.
    Purple
    Old 10-07-2008, 03:53 PM
    Power Poster

Very pretty Deb! I like it...I haven't picked out my block...yet..you really have the jump on me!
    Old 10-07-2008, 05:25 PM

Wow!! My fab is all washed and ready..... but I can't find a pattern I want to do.
    Old 10-07-2008, 06:06 PM

I started my block and it turned out 11 1/2'' instead of 12 1/2''...so I get to start over...That is a great block!
    Old 10-07-2008, 06:18 PM

Great block, Deb. You guys are so gung-ho. I have so many Fall and Christmas projects, plus my URR and some UFOs that I decided to not even think about this block until after the holidays.

January is such a slow month after the Christmas rush. When the weather is cold outside, it will be fun to look through lots of books and magazines and pick just the right star block and then go out to several quilt shops and pick fabric to make it with. Then when I get home, I can make a cup of tea and look at my pattern and fabrics again. Before you know it I will be in my quilt room, cutting and sewing and just giggling over every block as I finish it.

Yes, January will definitely be when I think about my blue and white star blocks.
    Old 10-07-2008, 07:56 PM

Thanks for all of your comments. You're right Marcia, there is plenty of time to make blocks. I'm in several block swaps and like to keep up, just in case life gets in the way. I've been in full fall mode the last couple of weeks and have been pretty busy. I did some canning, applesauce and peppers in oil. I've done most of my fall cleaning, scrubbing carpets and screens and windows and all that fun stuff. But, it just doesn't seem like fall if I don't perform those rituals. Next Monday is our Canadian Thanksgiving. According to weather report we may have a barbecue instead of a big ole turkey. We are supposed to get a nice warm up. Fine with me.
    Anyway, I usually get in some early morning sewing every day. I'm always up early and really enjoy that time to myself. Well, myself and my two pooches. Hubby really likes to sleep in whenever he can.
    I think we are all going to have some really beautiful quilts from this exchange. I'm really loving the star theme.
    Old 10-08-2008, 10:11 AM

I know Im signed up, but how soon do we have to say if we're submitting one set or 2?
    I'm working on the first set (have 144 half square triangle blocks to press), but in the lull after christmas I might be tempted to do a second set. Do I have to commit now or can I decide nearer the deadline?
    Old 10-08-2008, 11:12 AM
    Banned

Originally Posted by SazuBMidlands
    I know Im signed up, but how soon do we have to say if we're submitting one set or 2?
    I'm working on the first set (have 144 half square triangle blocks to press), but in the lull after christmas I might be tempted to do a second set. Do I have to commit now or can I decide nearer the deadline?
    You dont have to let me know, just send them in.. if you send one set, you will get back 12, if you send two sets, you will get back 24, etc.

Just remember, if you are doing two sets to make each set unique..

Judy
    Old 10-08-2008, 11:37 AM

Originally Posted by ddrobins1956
    Thanks for all of your comments. You're right Marcia, there is plenty of time to make blocks. I'm in several block swaps and like to keep up, just in case life gets in the way. I've been in full fall mode the last couple of weeks and have been pretty busy. I did some canning, applesauce and peppers in oil. I've done most of my fall cleaning, scrubbing carpets and screens and windows and all that fun stuff. But, it just doesn't seem like fall if I don't perform those rituals. Next Monday is our Canadian Thanksgiving. According to weather report we may have a barbecue instead of a big ole turkey. We are supposed to get a nice warm up. Fine with me.
    Anyway, I usually get in some early morning sewing every day. I'm always up early and really enjoy that time to myself. Well, myself and my two pooches. Hubby really likes to sleep in whenever he can.
    I think we are all going to have some really beautiful quilts from this exchange. I'm really loving the star theme.
    oooh all the canning and applesauce and peppers in oil got me hungry.. can I come to your place!!!!????

I have one block set ready, but I would like to make up a second block set so I have enough to make a full size quilt!