Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Bobbin storage >
  • Bobbin storage

• Bobbin storage

Old 03-05-2016, 05:42 AM

Thanks Tartan! Great idea.
    Old 03-06-2016, 03:21 AM

great tip, thanks for sharing... my DH bought be a couple of bobbin rings for my Christmas stocking.
    Old 03-06-2016, 05:04 AM

Like those little boxes! Where do you buy the chocolates at to get the boxes? I have never heard of them! Really like your idea for bobbins but also pins and etc too.
    Old 03-06-2016, 05:10 AM
    Power Poster

The chocolates that are round with gold wrappers and come out at Christmas at Walmart. The right company name is Ferrero Rocher.

Last edited by Tartan; 03-06-2016 at 05:16 AM.
    Old 03-06-2016, 05:36 AM

I use the narrow green painters tape to hold my thread in place on the bobbin and I use a Truvia plastic container to put the bobbins in.. I have three (and they are stackable and see-throughable) Truvia containers now holding empty bobbins; bobbins that I have threaded with my neutral thread and bobbins that have different colored thread so when I need a little thread, there I am! I love Truvia (tastes better than sugar) but I love the containers even better. Oh yah, I do label the containers of everything I have - helps me not to remember what I have, but what I DON'T have! Enjoy the day. St. Paul, Mn is going to have a 50+ degree day, snow is almost gone. But knowing good old Minnesota, we will have a couple more good storms. Why? It is high school tournament time.....wrestling, basketball and hockey. Google St. Peter's #3 Miracle. Edie

Last edited by Edie; 03-06-2016 at 05:44 AM.
    Old 03-06-2016, 05:40 AM

I use clear compartmented fishing tackle boxes and have done so for 30 years. I have one box for each of my 3 machines (FW, 401A, and my computerized machine. No problem keeping up with the bobbins.
    Old 03-06-2016, 05:41 AM

What a great idea! I am always fussing over the threads unwinding in my rubber bobbin holder. When I purchased it I thought it would be the perfect holder, not so. Still have threads coming out unless I happen to get the ends tucked in just right. Such a pain. Hubby will be happy to cut mine. Yea!
    Old 03-06-2016, 06:23 AM

Originally Posted by grammasharon
    What a great idea! I am always fussing over the threads unwinding in my rubber bobbin holder. When I purchased it I thought it would be the perfect holder, not so. Still have threads coming out unless I happen to get the ends tucked in just right. Such a pain. Hubby will be happy to cut mine. Yea!
    Great idea Tartan...........like grammasharon, mine are continually shedding, even in the bobbin holder. DH is going for plastic tubing for another project today. Maybe I can talk him into getting the size required. Thanks for the great idea.
    Old 03-06-2016, 07:52 AM

I have used the tubing but found it's hard to cut even with the PVC cutting tool. SO I just go to the dollar store and buy a package of the little tiny baby hair scrunchies and use them. I store them in a clear plastic box that was made for beading I think, it has lots of dividers so I kind of store them by color and try to match the scrunchie to the thread as close as possible.
    Old 03-06-2016, 08:34 AM
    Power Poster

The Truvia plastic containers are great. The lid is what makes the difference.