Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Bonnie Hunter's mystery quilt >
  • Bonnie Hunter's mystery quilt

• Bonnie Hunter's mystery quilt

Old 11-06-2012, 06:09 AM

If you need any of her prior mysteries, I have them saved. She says specifically on her site that it is ok to share the saved mysteries once they've been taken down. I've never done the mysteries, I need to see where colors fall before I can decide what I want to do, so I save all the PDFs instead!
    Old 11-06-2012, 07:14 AM

I really want to do this one but I don't especially like the black and white prints and I only have one fat quarter in my stash and I'm not buying fabric right now. Anyone have any suggestions to replace the b/w print?
    Old 11-06-2012, 09:39 AM

Originally Posted by karenpatrick
    I really want to do this one but I don't especially like the black and white prints and I only have one fat quarter in my stash and I'm not buying fabric right now. Anyone have any suggestions to replace the b/w print?
    I'm considering either just white (or cream). Or I have a bit of a stonehenge grey/white in my stash that I might use, if I decide to go non-scrappy.
    Old 11-06-2012, 09:49 AM

Originally Posted by kristakz
    I'm considering either just white (or cream). Or I have a bit of a stonehenge grey/white in my stash that I might use, if I decide to go non-scrappy.
    Thanks for the reply. I'll probably do the same thing. I have lots of both in my stash.
    Old 11-06-2012, 03:01 PM

I am doing this one, but am thinking about changing the colors. I was thinking that the title reminds me of mardi gras so I want to go with those colors. Darker Green, Yellowy gold, purple and the constant keeping at gray. I will also keep the black and white... what do you guys think?
    Old 11-06-2012, 03:25 PM

Everyone's color ideas sound great to me! I'm sure they will all be beautiful. How can you screw up a scrappy quilt! LOL
    Old 11-06-2012, 03:55 PM

Karen, I agree with Kris..you can really do any neutral with these colors for the background.

Brooke, I think your colors sound wonderful.

Ok..changed my minds on colors: I am doing yellow, orange, blue and then lighter brown for my constant..then off white for the background..IF I don't change my mind by the time I start LOL. I am making half the quilt lol for a throw for my living room thus the change of colors lol.

Jeanie, I believe last year we had two threads, one for discussion under the Blocks of the Month page and one for pictures under pictures. I personally would vote for one thread for all as it is less confusing. If you are up to it,maybe you can ask PatriceJ permission to start the quilt along thread..I am sure she'll guide you where to put it. I would do it, but I am not spending enough time on the Internet these days lol.
    Old 11-06-2012, 05:06 PM

Originally Posted by candi

Jeanie, I believe last year we had two threads, one for discussion under the Blocks of the Month page and one for pictures under pictures. I personally would vote for one thread for all as it is less confusing. If you are up to it,maybe you can ask PatriceJ permission to start the quilt along thread..I am sure she'll guide you where to put it. I would do it, but I am not spending enough time on the Internet these days lol.
    I'll see if I can find Patrice's mail and ask her.
    Old 11-08-2012, 05:29 PM

So here are the colors I'm thinking of using. Used the black print on the right as my inspiration. I might use it in the outer border. I like the grey on the right better than the other grey but wonder if it is too light? The yellows in the photo look a little washed out. Too much flash, I guess.
    Attached Thumbnails bonniemystery.jpg  
    Old 11-08-2012, 11:08 PM

Oh scraplady, those look like they will work really well. When I got the paint chips, I was surprised at how dark the gray was - it was the darkest one on that particular chip. I think either of your grays will work well, just keep looking at them. You have a couple weeks to make a decision.