Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Bonnie Hunter's mystery quilt >
  • Bonnie Hunter's mystery quilt

• Bonnie Hunter's mystery quilt

Old 11-09-2012, 04:52 AM

Originally Posted by Scraplady
    So here are the colors I'm thinking of using. Used the black print on the right as my inspiration. I might use it in the outer border. I like the grey on the right better than the other grey but wonder if it is too light? The yellows in the photo look a little washed out. Too much flash, I guess.
    Scraplady, I wanted to thank you for turning me onto Eliza Calvert Hall. I'm reading Aunt Jane of Kentucky right now and enjoying it very much. This an author I'm wasn't familiar with.
    Old 11-09-2012, 05:00 AM

Originally Posted by Teddybear Lady
    I really do live on Easy Street. That's the name of our street. We've lived here since 1988. Everyone always asks if "life is easy on Easy Street?" I say yes! As long as I can play with my fabric it's easy!
    I used to live on Easy Street in New Jersey when I was little. I wonder how many there are... probably lots.

I'm going to pick out my fabric this weekend..
    Old 11-10-2012, 03:55 PM

Originally Posted by karenpatrick
    Scraplady, I wanted to thank you for turning me onto Eliza Calvert Hall. I'm reading Aunt Jane of Kentucky right now and enjoying it very much. This an author I'm wasn't familiar with.
    I keep meaning to hunt the book up online or at the library since I don't actually own it! That quote came out of a quilt book I have where each chapter is headed with a quote from various old letters and books. That was one that "spoke" to me. Aunt Jane sounds like the kind of woman I'd love to have as a friend, but guess I will have to settle for the book.
    Old 11-10-2012, 05:29 PM

Originally Posted by Scraplady
    I keep meaning to hunt the book up online or at the library since I don't actually own it! That quote came out of a quilt book I have where each chapter is headed with a quote from various old letters and books. That was one that "spoke" to me. Aunt Jane sounds like the kind of woman I'd love to have as a friend, but guess I will have to settle for the book.
    I bought the book for my Nook for $12.99. It was really good.
    Old 11-19-2012, 08:37 PM

Hi All, I have all my fabrics for My first Bonny Hunter Mystery quilt. My only worry is, I have never use either of those rulers.. Is this going to be a problem? Ive made lots of quilts. Well lots to me. 10 large queen / king size and at least 25 baby quilts. Lots of wall hangings . All different. Does she use these rulers with most of her quilts? I am a new follower . I have always loved scrappy and just finished a king size scrappy log cabin Q. Let me know if this should be my first project using these rulers. Happy sewing
    Pat
    Old 11-19-2012, 09:34 PM

She will explain fully how to use the rulers, she even will have photos of how to use them. She is a great teacher, and all the quilts she does come out beautiful. I don't know how she does it, but all the borders (which are usually pieced) all fit perfectly.
    Old 11-20-2012, 05:18 AM

Originally Posted by Pat_sews
    Hi All, I have all my fabrics for My first Bonny Hunter Mystery quilt. My only worry is, I have never use either of those rulers.. Is this going to be a problem? Ive made lots of quilts. Well lots to me. 10 large queen / king size and at least 25 baby quilts. Lots of wall hangings . All different. Does she use these rulers with most of her quilts? I am a new follower . I have always loved scrappy and just finished a king size scrappy log cabin Q. Let me know if this should be my first project using these rulers. Happy sewing
    Pat
    She also provides cutting instructions for those not using the rulers, so I don't think it is critical. I made her last mystery (Orca Bay) without the rulers, and it was fine. Rulers probably make it a bit easier, but she knows we don't all have them.
    Old 11-20-2012, 11:01 AM

Thank you all for the answers. You have put me at ease about the rulers.. I am picking them up today. That is the last thing that was standing in my way of doing the mystery quilt. I am very surprised at the numbers of people that are doing it.. I was at a LQS and 3 ladys all looking for grey fabrics.. I had to ask... Are u doing Bonnie Hunters Mystery Quilt? All said YES and we just laughed..
    Happy sewing
    Pat
    Old 11-20-2012, 11:27 AM

Do you think 4 fat quarters for 1 yard of fabric will work. I'm going to need to buy most of the yardage as I have no stash. Thanks
    Old 11-20-2012, 01:29 PM

I've never done a mystery quilt either, but I'm jumping in on this one!! Very excited for Friday!