Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Bother Innovis 4000D >
  • Bother Innovis 4000D

• Bother Innovis 4000D

Old 05-22-2011, 04:59 PM

I have a Bother Innovis 4000D and am wondering if anyone is having the same problem as me with the embroidery. I was embroidering some beach towels and after doing a couple of the towels, and, it does finish the whole project very well, but after it stops and I take the project out of the machine I get a message to check the upper thread. If this doesn't correct the situation, I have to check for lint etc. and then it works again. Finally, after a few more towels nothing worked except changing the bobbin case and then it worked fine. Is this a normal situation with the bobbin case and re-threading? I have only had this machine for less than a year. It embroiders very nice, but this stopping and re-threading and changing bobbin cases is very frustrating. Is anyone else having this problem or is there just something wrong with my machine and/or bobbin case??? I need to go to the dealer and order a new bobbin case, but I just didn't know if this was an ongoing problem. Thanks for any information anyone has to give me in this regard. Rose in St. Louis
    Old 05-22-2011, 05:21 PM

Have you changed the needle recently? My machine (a Babylock) usually needs the needle changed after only a couple of items.
    Old 05-22-2011, 06:35 PM

Originally Posted by MaryStoaks
    Have you changed the needle recently? My machine (a Babylock) usually needs the needle changed after only a couple of items.
    I change the needle often, but you are right that can be a problem, but that is not the case here, I think it is just a bad bobbin case and I just was wondering if anyone else had this problem.
    Old 05-22-2011, 06:37 PM

I don't have your machine, but I was told that lint can confuse the computers and you can get random messages. My upper thread one come on a lot, so I know it is time for a cleaning.
    Old 05-22-2011, 07:28 PM

I have this machine. I have over 9 million stuitches on it and I have never had this problem. I think I would have it checked or get a new bobbin case. If you broke a needle in it it could have damaged the case.
    Old 05-23-2011, 04:51 AM

My question would be, Are you using a 'topping' over your stitch area, as well as the stabilizer under the fabric?
    Using a topping layer can cut down on all sorts of problems, with the stitchout and with the machine itself.
    I never stitch anything at all without a topping layer.
    Old 05-23-2011, 11:13 AM

Originally Posted by tooMuchFabric
    My question would be, Are you using a 'topping' over your stitch area, as well as the stabilizer under the fabric?
    Using a topping layer can cut down on all sorts of problems, with the stitchout and with the machine itself.
    I never stitch anything at all without a topping layer.
    Yes, I do use a topping layer and stabilizer. I have changed needles and delint it every time I embroider. I am assuming it is the bobbin case and will go purchase a new one. It just seems to work fine and then it doesn't and then it does. If I am not doing a big project it does fine. Just when I am doing more than one project is when this happens. Just wondering if anyone else had this problem. Thanks for the info