Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Bought A New Husqvarna Viking Topaz 50 >
  • Bought A New Husqvarna Viking Topaz 50

• Bought A New Husqvarna Viking Topaz 50

Old 04-07-2018, 04:44 PM

The embroidery foot is definitely not there, I had one with my old machine but never used it. They had a sample one on my machine when they walked me through it in the store but not one in the box. I'll call on Monday and hopefully they'll find one. My mom's neighbor had one and I'll get it tomorrow, just so I can play around a bit this weekend.

Only other sad news is that I forgot my 1/4" piecing foot on the trade in machine. Hopefully they'll be able to return that, because I'm sort of addicted to it.

So far just puttering around with the sewing side tonight. Shockingly no matter how fancy the machine is, my sewing skill stays about the same.
    Old 04-07-2018, 06:00 PM

Congratulations on the new Topaz! I have the Topaz 20 and the R foot came with it. They probably missed packing yours in your box.
    While I was embroidering a couple of months ago, the R foot broke and, of course, I was right in the middle of a project. When I called the dealer to find out if they had any replacements on hand, I was told I could (and should) use FMQ foot as it would work better for embroidery - unfortunately, I can't remember why this is now.
    Old 04-08-2018, 09:35 AM

I have a Topaz 20 that I absolutely love. I do not use the R foot for embroidery, I bought the Q foot and use it exclusively.
    Old 04-09-2018, 12:59 PM

Happy update - they found my R foot when closing the store, so I have it back. And they were able to get my 1/4” foot off of the trade in. Crisis averted. :-)

I did get the embroider just a little yesterday - my initial and I downloaded the Vikings logo off of Etsy and figured out how to load from a file. Super impressed with the machine embroidery, although now I need a bunch of new thread.

Thanks for all of the advice and hopefully before long I’ll figure out the edge to edge quilting I really want to do.