Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Bounce Starch Alternative >
  • Bounce Starch Alternative

• Bounce Starch Alternative

Old 05-02-2013, 05:41 AM
    Power Poster

I'm with you. I have never cared for perfumes of any kind. I check every product for "fragrance". Even the Bounce "free" dryer cloths has a fragrance. I now purchase "Seventh Generation" products. It's free and clear. My relatives that live near by wear cologne all the time. We have had to tell them to leave. I swear they take a bath in the stuff. I go to the men's section to get unscented hairspray (Consort for Men) blue label at the bottom. Many of the unscented products actually cost less.
    Old 05-02-2013, 06:48 AM

Originally Posted by matraina
    I have read over a period of time how many of you use Bounce Starch Alternative as it is so much cheaper than Best Press. I have hunted high and low in several stores and have been unable to find it. Has anyone seen it lately?

If the cost of Best Press is of concern, which it is to me, here is a hint from this board. About year or so ago someone posted that cutting/diluting the Best Press 50/50 with water really made no difference in how Best Press performed on her fabric. I started using Best Press this way ever since and personally can see no difference in the performance of the product and I buy the large bottles with coupons. Passed this tip on at quilt guild and those that have tried it say they like it.

I also have used the Bounce found at our Wal Mart in the laundry isle top shelf and I like it, I haven't tried diluting it but may just to see if it will affect the products performance.
    Old 05-02-2013, 07:07 AM

I ordered mine online at www.LaundryBagSupply.com I have yet to see it in the stores I have been in.
    Old 05-02-2013, 07:20 AM

I'm a vodka girl, too! Here is the link to blog that give me the original idea: http://www.freckledwhimsy.com/2010/0...tuesday-7.html

I add about an ounce of linen water that I picked up at dollar store for a little bit of fragrance, but that is personal preference.
    Old 05-02-2013, 07:22 AM

Originally Posted by RGAY
    Wait. Vodka for ironing? Is this just for pressing or for stabilizing (ie starching) the fabric? Have never heard of this one. Can you elaborate, Holice?

RGAY - see my post
    Old 05-02-2013, 07:49 AM

I buy mine at Walmart
    Old 05-02-2013, 09:19 AM

I like it and it smells wonderful, I also buy Niagra from Hancock fabrics, it comes in a spray bottle like Mary Ellens and works fine for me too. We can not find Bounce out here, but my dad will ship it to me from WV if I want it.
    Old 05-02-2013, 01:44 PM
    Power Poster

I bought two cases of 12 bottles each of Bounce Spray when it first came to Walmart here. It was on special for $1 a bottle. When one bottle of ironing spray gets low I pour it into what ever bottle is half full. I may have Bounce mixed with Niagara, Niagara mixed with Best Press or Faultess, some of all of it ends up in the same spray bottle and so on. No family member has allergies or any fragrance problems so I don't have to care about the scents. I use Downy Wrinkle Remover as an ironing spray for wrinkled fabric and toss it in the dryer.
    Old 05-02-2013, 02:10 PM

I found the Bounce at Wal mart to top shelf, I find the fragrance is just too strong, once I use it, it goes everywhere with me.
    I like Sta-Flo concentrate just fine, less than $3 here. I reuse a Frebreeze bottle to dilute and dispense, had to search a while to find a spray bottle that did a mist, this is my go to. I love the Best Press, save that for our clothes, Use a Joann's coupon for that purchase.----Joann's coupons are honored at Hancocks's at least here in Central Ia.
    Old 05-02-2013, 05:20 PM

Thanks for bringing up this subject....have put it on my Walmart list....