Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • bow tuck bag >
  • bow tuck bag

• bow tuck bag

Old 08-25-2010, 03:30 PM

Originally Posted by Tumdarra
    I am looking for a pattern for the bow tuck purse/tote bag. I see them online that I can order...which one would be the best for a quilter who is still learning?Or has anyone had any luck finding the pattern in a store
    There is a tutorial for making them, also. Just google for it. The pattern is readily available at my Fabric Depot or thru them on-line.
    Old 08-26-2010, 10:56 AM

Originally Posted by GailG
    I am looking for a pattern for the bow tuck purse/tote bag. I see them online that I can order...which one would be the best for a quilter who is still learning?Or has anyone had any luck finding the pattern in a store
    The lqs thirty miles away ordered it for me. She called yesterday to say that it is in. I hope to get over there today to pick it up.
    I've picked up the pattern -- whoosh!! Pricey! for me anyway...

:roll:

I have everythng I need here except something stiff to put in the bottom. I looked for plastic canvas today at WM but didn't find any. I'm sure I'll find something around the house that I can use.
    Old 08-26-2010, 11:01 AM

The lqs thirty miles away ordered it for me. She called yesterday to say that it is in. I hope to get over there today to pick it up.

I have everythng I need here except something stiff to put in the bottom. I looked for plastic canvas today at WM but didn't find any. I'm sure I'll find something around the house that I can use.
    I used a piece of that styrofoam board that kids use for science projects. It's like poster board on the outside, 1/4" or so of styrofoam on the inside. It's what I happened to have around the house. It may not last forever, but it was free and is lightweight!
    Old 08-26-2010, 11:03 AM

There's a tutorial on this forum:

http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-55016-1.htm

I'm amazed at how many members are generous with them taking time to make up a tutorial!

Thanks ladies and gentlemen! :thumbup:
    Old 08-26-2010, 11:04 AM

You're likely to use the pattern a lot and get your money's worth out of it!

I make my bottoms by cutting a piece of linoleum floor tile (usually the peel & stick kind, although that's irrelevant). Easy to cut with a utility knife and gives just the right amount of stiffness. You can get them at Home Depot or Lowes, maybe only 70 cents for 12" square (which does a few purses).
    Old 08-26-2010, 11:09 AM
    Power Poster

The sample size plank flooring you can buy cheap at Lowes or Home Depot is the perfect size for a med size purse or tote bottom. The salesman gave me a lot of discontinued plank samples.
    Old 08-26-2010, 02:18 PM

[quote=katier825]
    [

I used a piece of that styrofoam board that kids use for science projects. It's like poster board on the outside, 1/4" or so of styrofoam on the inside. It's what I happened to have around the house. It may not last forever, but it was free and is lightweight!
    I have some of that. I think it's called foam core or something like that. Thanks a bunch.
    Old 11-18-2010, 01:06 PM

Is the bow tucks bag a brand or designer or what?
    Old 11-20-2010, 11:45 AM

Your local quilt shop should have the pattern or will order it for you, support our quilt shops if you can, to keep them in business