Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Bow Tucks Makers >
  • Bow Tucks Makers

• Bow Tucks Makers

Old 10-12-2010, 07:46 PM

does anyone have an address for the bowtuck bag?
    Old 10-12-2010, 07:59 PM

there is a tutorial here; www.favecrafts.com/sewnbags/bow-bag-sewing-tutorial
    Old 10-12-2010, 08:26 PM

Originally Posted by lindyline
    If you really don't want to make it, or risk offending, tell them it's under copyright, which the pattern is, and you are unable to make them to sell.
    Good Answer!!!!!!!
    Old 10-12-2010, 08:35 PM

Good for you. If you don't treat your abilities as a legitimate business they certainly won't. You have just the right outlook for the type person that love to take advantage of others. Your very professional, know your craft well, know what it's worth and aren't afraid to say so.
    Congratulations and Happy Quilting.

Andie
    Old 10-12-2010, 08:53 PM

Originally Posted by cr12cats
    there is a tutorial here; www.favecrafts.com/sewnbags/bow-bag-sewing-tutorial
    I was wondering what a bow tuck bag was.I just make my own patterns and embroidery pictures on them.I have done cats faces, ponies, horses, and I am going to do an Indian madien next. I do draw strings and all sorts of different kinds.

I go to a craft show each Nov.Will not be able to make this year though. :thumbdown: :(
    Old 10-12-2010, 09:09 PM

If you do want to make them for money, then make up an order form with pricing on it and when asked about making one, just hand them a form for their order, and please ask for more than $45. You are making a one of a kind, custom made, purse.

Diane
    Old 10-12-2010, 09:10 PM

I was told once that if I offer to make something for someone I do it as a favor, if they ask me to make it tell them what you charge but if I don't want to do it or have been offended I should charge a LOT! That seems to work.
    Old 10-12-2010, 10:38 PM

I am new , how can I get the pattern for the bow tuck purse
    Old 10-12-2010, 11:46 PM

Location: Muscatine, Iowa by way of West Virginia, Washington State, and Montana

Originally Posted by Dingle
    For the people who have made these and "given them away". Are the people who received them asking you to make them another one so they can give them to someone else as a gift. I made a couple for 2 people I work with because we help each other out alot. One lady takes hers home and her daughter decides she wants 2. A large and small and the Mother wants another one for herself and one more for a friend. I made one for my Mother and she carries it everywhere. People who see it throw hints to her that they would like one also. No one offers to pay for it. I do tell them how much they cost to make, but it's like talking to the wall. The lady with the daughter has the fabric she wants them made out of but no pellon. I can't get the pellon where I live. Nearest Joanns is 65 miles away or I have to buy on-line. I don't mind making them and giving them away to who I want but thats my choice. I think I'm just going to have to tell people I no longer make them. Seems everyone wants something for nothing.

Rant done :lol:
    I haven't made any yet, but have purchased 4 and would never expect anyone to make one for me for free! You are going to have to be assertive and stand your ground. If you WANT to make them for gifts (for people of your choosing), and want to make them to sell, then let them know. Otherwise, I think you need to tell them "no." I read something in, I think Dear Abby, many, many years ago. When people ask you questions (insert here to perform services, etc.) you have more of a right to say "no" than they have to ask. Maybe just tell 'em where they can buy the pattern. Hope it works out for you, and congratulations on mastering the art of the Bow Tucks bag. It looks so complicated, but they sure are nice. :-)

BTW, I LOVE your puppy in the avatar!
    Old 10-13-2010, 01:52 AM

How about this: "I'd love to make one for you, but I have to clean my house/car/wash the dogs/plow the east 40, etc. If you come over and do that for me, then I'll have time to do a bag for you"