Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • broke my right shoulder 3 weeks ago so i've been avoiding this place >
  • broke my right shoulder 3 weeks ago so i've been avoiding this place

• broke my right shoulder 3 weeks ago so i've been avoiding this place

Old 05-09-2011, 03:50 PM

I hope this isn't catching! :shock: This is the third thread I've happened upon in the past few days of someone on the mend from broken limbs. Hope your recovery is quick and smooth. Hugs!
    Old 05-09-2011, 03:50 PM

Some of us mostly read QB. I've learned so much and haven't submitted that many pics. Join us lurkers!!

Hope you heal quickly. :-D
    Old 05-09-2011, 08:01 PM

I feel your pain... I broke my arm/hand, 6 weeks ago. I'm a lefty learning to be a righty. Then I had surg on my right hand..... sigh...
    I STAYED on this site because I couldn't do much of anything else..... DH waited on me hand and foot...my hero!!

HOPE to get hard cast off on thur and move on to a soft cast/splint

Feel better soon !!!
    Old 05-10-2011, 03:06 AM

Best of luck for a complete and quick healing, currently caring for my Mom who broke her left upper arm and 3 weeks into it see progress every day.
    Old 05-10-2011, 03:22 AM

I know exactly how you feel! I had rotator cuff surgery last Thur! But, unlike you, I can't tear myself away from here! Here's hoping you have a speedy recovery!

Originally Posted by aberi
    Hi everyone. I finally got the courage to sign in today. I broke my right hummis cap/knob/bone inot 3 pieces while scuba diving in Honduras 3 weeks ago. They had to fly me home 1/2 way through my vacation for treatment... i'm doing great but have been afraid to sign in here. I miss quilting so much. I have a quilt 1/2 way pieced for my son and was hoping to have it finished the weekend I was scheduled to return home from diving. I guess the Lord had different plans for me... I"m learning how to be a Lefty which is quite the task.. it is amazing how much we take our limbs for granted until you loose the use of one temporarily... Im hoping in 2 more weeks if the bone continues to heal the way it is, I will be going to physio and can get the sewing motion going again in the arm....
    Just wanted to say hey... and appologize for staying away for so long.... just miss quilting.. I had to hire someone to but on the edging of the bargello quilt... It should be back soon and I will post pics of it completed. .the quilter did an amazing job qulting it!! I can't wait to get it back so I can take pics before I donate to pride for their raffle!! I should have it back by the end of the week and post the pics of the gorgeous quilting job she did!
    Old 05-10-2011, 03:22 AM

Poor you! Sounds like quite an experience, not good either. You are so right about taking our health and mobility for granted. 7 years ago I broke my ankle so I can relate to your issues. It will get better! If you don't want to look on the board, at least flip through magazines to inspire you, or read some quilting books...Take care, and get well soon!
    Old 05-10-2011, 04:22 AM

Ouch....get well soon
    Old 05-10-2011, 06:19 AM

The count down is on!! Hang in there! Choose your next pattern and fabric and be ready to have fun again :-D
    Old 05-10-2011, 06:22 AM

So sorry about your accident. You take care. You'll be quilting before you know it.

I'm also dealing with some shoulder issues from bowling too much as well as quilting, sewing, typing, writing. You name it. It's a tough thing to have to step back from the things you love to do, isn't it?
    Old 05-10-2011, 06:48 AM

I feel for you. I've been there, done that - only I wasn't having fun when I broke my shoulder. I stubed my toe in the kitchen and went down. Do take it easy and you will be good as new, real soon. Get a couple of good books and read. The house work will wait.