Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Brother CS6000i machine >
  • Brother CS6000i machine

• Brother CS6000i machine

Old 08-15-2011, 08:18 PM

don't have that one, but have another little brother that does just great for piecing
    Old 08-15-2011, 09:00 PM

I got the Brother (my second Brother machine) 420 Project Runway last year at Xmas on Amazon and I LOVE it!! I don't do much machine quilting so it isn't an issue-but it is a really good machine! For the price, you can't go wrong!
    Old 08-15-2011, 10:51 PM

I bought a Brother HS 2000 for my kids. It's a great little machine, sews nicely, easy to use. The CS 6000i actually costs less and comes with more. Go for it!
    Old 08-15-2011, 11:05 PM

Originally Posted by Grandma Mary
    I bought one this winter and I REALLY like it. It has run like a champ for me, and has some nice features that my old Singer Touch N Sew didn't. You can take it anywhere because it came with a case and is light weight. The needle down feature is wonderful for piecing, and the speed regulator comes in very handy. It has all the feet you need, is easy to thread, has the needle threader and many stitch choices. You can also use double needles.
    There are only two things I would change. First...the light isn't very bright, so I use more lighting when I am sewing. Also, it really ISN'T very good for quilting any large quilts. The opening is way too small, and you'll have to work hard to get your project through it. So, I am using my Singer to do my big quilt project. It DOES work just fine for things like bed runners, table runners and smaller wall hangings. My personal feeling is that you can't go wrong for the price! :thumbup:
    That's exactly why I haven't used mine yet...the light isn't bright enough. I just haven't taken the time to rummage around the house for a lamp or go to Target to buy a new floor lamp to put next to my table.

I bought it primarily for stitch in the ditch and most of the quilts I make are Queen. Hope I can manage.
    Old 08-16-2011, 02:39 AM

I have this machine and it works great. The throat is too small for large quilts, but works fine for table runners, baby quilts, wall hangings, etc. The light isn't very bright, but I have a desk lamp that I use. I haven't had any problems with this machine at all and think it's a great machine.
    Old 08-16-2011, 02:48 AM

Originally Posted by sbk1962
    I have this machine and it works great. The throat is too small for large quilts, but works fine for table runners, baby quilts, wall hangings, etc. The light isn't very bright, but I have a desk lamp that I use. I haven't had any problems with this machine at all and think it's a great machine.
    I agree with sbk1962 - I too have one of these as my Pfaff (which I love) to WAY too heavy to lug. It is great for class etc - but the throat is small. It works like a charm.
    Old 08-16-2011, 03:04 AM

My Pfaff machine died about a fortnight ago and a friend lent me her "Sew Fun" Elna machine that cost her about $130. It is very lightweight and great to use. I have been making more bowls for an exhibition which starts tomorrow, and the machine has worked fine.
    Old 08-16-2011, 03:09 AM

I have one and I like it. It's lightweight and very portable. I'm new at sewing and quilting so I didn't want to start our too expensive. I got mine by ordering it from Walmart and it was less than $100.
    Old 08-16-2011, 04:06 AM

I have a "new" one given to me by my DH this past Christmas. Works great and easy to bring to classes. Only problem is when I turn the machine off, the needle automatically goes to the left. When I turn it back on, MUST REMEMBER to set the needle back to the middle. Got a couple of broken needles. I e-mailed Brother and called if I am setting the machine wrong; no clear solution...Just got to remember to set the needle to the correct position before starting sewing. Aside from this, I am happy with the machine.
    I am new to quilting, I already made lap and Baby blankets using this machine.
    Old 08-16-2011, 04:40 AM

I've had one for probably 5-6 years now, and you're right, it is GREAT for using at retreats/sew-ins. Never had a problem with it - at all. Saw one yesterday on Ebay for $125 I think.