Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • brother machine >
  • brother machine

• brother machine

Old 07-04-2010, 08:40 PM

A few years ago, when I added a new machine to the ones I already had, I wanted the embroidery feature. After much research, to get everything I wanted on my new machine, I chose a Janome 11000. Once I became interested and educated in M.E., I became a big spender ... on designs, thread, stabilizers, software, blah, blah, blah. Because the embroidery machine is also the machine I use for quilt piecing, I either do piecing for extended periods or I do embroidery for extended periods (embroidery that I plan to incorporate into quilts). I really enjoy everything about this machine. For me, choosing an embroidery project and the designs and thread colors is just as much fun as choosing a new quilt pattern and the fabrics that I'll use in it.
    Old 07-07-2010, 10:27 AM

thanx!never thought about contacting brother !duh have the brother packed up & readyto go back & fight w/them again,but thinki'll wait until i contact brother.thank God ibought a janome while we were in paducah,never had a spare,but BOY am i glad i do now! i am not a patient person & waiting 2-3 wks for a machine would KILLme
    i got a $500.00 janome on sale at the little shop accross from the museum,they even threw in the 1/4" foot.unless i get some satisfaction from brother,i'll probably buy a janome.was thinkingof sewing/emb,but after REALLYthinking it over & reading the ladies onthis board,i'm sure i wouldn't use it enough to justify the extra price.more of one of those toys you think you can't live w/o
    i have also been wanting an accuquilt go,so maybe i can figure out to get both!!!
    Old 07-07-2010, 01:53 PM

i contacted brother s suggested,you won't believe this...at least I didn't !in order to get a question answered, you must sign up for $9.00 a mo. for a year [first mo. free]or it's $12.99per question !am i just cheap'or is there something wrong w/this ???????
    Old 07-07-2010, 02:01 PM

Originally Posted by weezie
    A few years ago, when I added a new machine to the ones I already had, I wanted the embroidery feature. After much research, to get everything I wanted on my new machine, I chose a Janome 11000. Once I became interested and educated in M.E., I became a big spender ... on designs, thread, stabilizers, software, blah, blah, blah. Because the embroidery machine is also the machine I use for quilt piecing, I either do piecing for extended periods or I do embroidery for extended periods (embroidery that I plan to incorporate into quilts). I really enjoy everything about this machine. For me, choosing an embroidery project and the designs and thread colors is just as much fun as choosing a new quilt pattern and the fabrics that I'll use in it.
    when consideringan emb .machine,NEVERthought how much you need to spend just to USEit! SEE how much money you ladies havesaved me?
    also whatis giving me "cold feet" about the accuquilt!the strip cutters are the things i would want the most,&naturally the most expensive! think i'll stick w/ my j.t.shape cutter!
    Old 07-07-2010, 02:13 PM

I can't believe your email with response from Brother - here in Oz, I have had excellent service over 4 years with Brother Innovis 4000D - bought shop used at reduced price, played up a few times and didn't like shopkeeper's attitude so contacted HO here and was told to take to any other Brother shop as still under warrantee; I did that and haven't had a problem for 3 years after 3 parts were replaced.

Carpel Tunnel etc in hands means I can't do much hand emb so I've been machine embroidering for 5-6 years, have little Brother machine for general sewing & patchwork whilst embroidery machine is doing it's own thing - definitely need two machines; embroidery is combined with patchwork these days Enjoy both types of sewing, there is magic in embroidery!!!!
    Old 07-07-2010, 09:16 PM
    Power Poster

OK Just went and pulled my paperwork from Brother. You want Customer service, and you don't pay for that . I started out with an email . they sent me an email back with suggestions to fix the problem :roll: LOL Then they gave me a number to call to follow up with 1-877-BROTHER (276-8437) I called them and we went back and forth a bit and then I got an RS to send the machine back in for them for further repair. have to still get it sent in :oops:
    keep us posted :thumbup: