Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Are bussinesses trying to go out of business? >
  • Are bussinesses trying to go out of business?

• Are bussinesses trying to go out of business?

Old 01-14-2010, 11:17 PM

You know what really gets me? It isn't the fact that these things happen, it's the reaction of the people in charge when you tell them what happened. It's like they are programed to say something and if you tell them what happened to whatever it is you ordered, they repeat the same phrase. Accidents happen, but why on earth don't they forsee what can happen when they ship stuff that can break and package it like they do? When my dishes came, I saw that one of the boxes had a dent in it where it was dropped ( or used for a football???) and can't imagine why they didn't forsee that? Give me strength...
    Old 01-15-2010, 02:24 AM

I won't buy a stick of gum from Sear's. They screwed up our siding so bad, we ended up threatening a lawsuit. Absolutely pathetic for a company who has been in business for over 100 years. The best thing to do as consumers is to stop using stores with poor customer service. Either find an alternative or do without. It is the only real power we have. Most of the time speaking with customer service is useless. If they cared about customer service, they probably wouldn't be having the problem. I'll step off my soapbox now! :)
    Old 01-15-2010, 03:53 AM

Hi there, Do you use the vellum for paper piecing? I am just confused as to where the vellum discussion came up and I felt out of the loop wondering what it is used for. Thanks so much.
    Kim
    Old 01-15-2010, 04:03 AM
    Banned

i don't know when bellaboo starting using this paper but i've been using it for almost 3 years for paper piecing.

since i've been coming to this forum the subject comes up from time to time about what people use for paper piecing and i always speak highly of the product.

i don't think its the most popular paper on the forum but its users have increased.

if you do a forum search on the subject i think you'll find most people prefer to use less expensive copy paper.
    Old 01-15-2010, 04:36 AM

Isn't regular copy paper hard to pull away from the finished piece?
    Old 01-15-2010, 04:41 AM
    Banned

Originally Posted by sewjoyce
    i think its much harder than with this paper. i've seen some people say they don't have a problem and the tough spot they just wet it.

i've tried numerous papers and always hated paper piecing until i started using this paper.
    Old 01-15-2010, 06:29 AM

Originally Posted by kluedesigns
    i think its much harder than with this paper. i've seen some people say they don't have a problem and the tough spot they just wet it.

i've tried numerous papers and always hated paper piecing until i started using this paper.
    I've never paper pieced -- well, I tried one time and it was a disaster. Hopefully I can talk my LQS into having a class. It's on my "to learn" list this year....
    Old 01-15-2010, 07:53 AM
    Banned

Originally Posted by kluedesigns

I've never paper pieced -- well, I tried one time and it was a disaster. Hopefully I can talk my LQS into having a class. It's on my "to learn" list this year....
    it not there are some great DVDs on the market for paper piecing and its something you can play over and over again for reference.
    Old 01-15-2010, 07:55 AM

Thanks Klue! :D
    Old 01-15-2010, 11:08 AM

Originally Posted by jojo47
    I hadn't heard about K-Mart buying out Sears. Too bad...Sears was always the place to shop for quality stuff when I was a kid. That's where Mom usually headed...
    Yeah, K-Mart bought out Sears about 1-2 years ago. In fact, this Christmas when my MIL went to looks for after-Christmas sales at Sears, hoping to buy a Christmas tree, they didn't have ANY Christmas stuff at the store. The manager told her that all of that stuff was shipped over to the K-Mart store. :roll:

I don't have a problem with it, but I also will perforate the paper before I paper piece with it. I simply unthread my sewing machine and with the unthreaded needle I follow the lines. Then I rethread the machine, paper piece like normal, and afterwards the paper pulls out beautifully & with no problems. That said, I do notice that because of the thickness of the copier paper, it can cause the block to end up a tad too small. Just something to think about.