Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Calling all Mystery quilters... >
  • Calling all Mystery quilters...

• Calling all Mystery quilters...

Old 12-22-2010, 02:52 AM

Originally Posted by mysikaanne
    Originally Posted by Jenniky
    blue and brown paisley prints I have some nice greens and black prints too... I also found some running horses fabric that I made a bid on ebay.. so if I get that..those handsome men are history.. Horses are my first love :) I will post pictures soon as I get it all together... unfortunately dont think I will recieve any of the fabrics I bought until week after Christmas.
    It's ok, we'll start after Christmas.. LOL Got too much to do! Heehe Directions etc.. :) OH! BTW!! http://mysimystery.wordpress.com/201.../we-are-alive/ I will post all my clues here.. so that they will be on one page.. YOU WILL HAVE TO DOWNLOAD OPEN OFFICE I put a link there at the bottom of the blog. This way you all can see the slideshow! :) I did it that way so I could put BIG pictures up so everyone can see what's going on. If I did it the other way, with so many newer quilters they would be confused! Thanks! :)

Missy
    for some unknown reason "open office" isnt down loading onto my computer correctly. tried trouble shooting but cant find a reason.
    anyone have any ideas what i might be doing wrong
    Old 12-22-2010, 05:17 AM

I don't care the direction of the stripes, and I haven't decided which position they will be in
    There is so much info and questions regarding the Mystery quilt that it's so overwhelming and hard to seperate the material required, the cutting directions and I believe there were "3" instructions from you and I can't find the third ;-) I believe this post is up to 22 or 23 pages.
    Maybe instructions and general chit chat should be in seperate posts. Sorry I love reading what everyone has to say, but it's to "Busy" for my brain to seperate from the task. Hope that makes sense. I'm not trying to "Offend" anyone but need clarity. Thanks
    Old 12-22-2010, 06:13 AM

Originally Posted by Up4BigChal
    This is a Challenge for me but here goes these are the fabrics I chose. Please let me know if they are ok

Those are so beautiful and elegant.
    Old 12-22-2010, 06:22 AM

I don't care the direction of the stripes, and I haven't decided which position they will be in
    There is so much info and questions regarding the Mystery quilt that it's so overwhelming and hard to seperate the material required, the cutting directions and I believe there were "3" instructions from you and I can't find the third ;-) I believe this post is up to 22 or 23 pages.
    Maybe instructions and general chit chat should be in seperate posts. Sorry I love reading what everyone has to say, but it's to "Busy" for my brain to seperate from the task. Hope that makes sense. I'm not trying to "Offend" anyone but need clarity. Thanks

I know. Missy tried to post needed info on another place on the board and people started putting ?s and everything there too. I think with her doing the blog thing, that we can post our comments, ?s, and pics here and for everyone the instructions on the blog will make it easy to access.
    Old 12-22-2010, 06:46 AM

Thank You So much, I bookmarked her Blog and will go there for all the Instructions and Clues. Merry Christmas and thanks again.
    Old 12-22-2010, 06:58 AM

It has taken me a couple of days to figure out which fabrics to go with my focal fabric (that was the easiest to pick my favorite of all time)and now have it narrowed down. I have not done any order so would greatly appreciate help with that. At this point I believe I will start..with the wall hanging.Thanks in advance for "all you hard work" in putting this together and helping pick choices. I actually have posted 12 so need to take out some and if needed can swith with different so would love your opinion.
    Judy G

Focal Print
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]146900[/ATTACH]

coordinating fabric choices
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]146901[/ATTACH]

close ups
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]146902[/ATTACH]

close up's I believe the creme with brn shade to be background? Here is show yellow but is a dirty brown
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]146903[/ATTACH]

Rest of the close up
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]146904[/ATTACH]
    Attached Thumbnails attachment-146895.jpe   attachment-146896.jpe   attachment-146897.jpe   attachment-146898.jpe   attachment-146899.jpe  

Old 12-22-2010, 07:08 AM
    Power Poster

Missy,
    Thanks so much! I can't download Word, so a pdf would be awesome!
    Old 12-22-2010, 07:09 AM
    Power Poster

Judy G, normally I am not a brown type person. However, I really really love your choices.
    Old 12-22-2010, 07:50 AM

Originally Posted by koko
    Which one of these focus fabrics do you think would work?
    I would pick the Hoffman Christmas. The pumpkins
    would greatly limit your color choices for the quilt,
    and the purple is a complimentary fabric more than
    a focus fabric. Just my opinion.
    Marcia
    Old 12-22-2010, 11:44 AM

Nahh.. that's why I made a blog too. they right there for everyone.. http://mysimystery.wordpress.com/ :) HUGS! I know we are all a bunch of chatty people! I'm enjoying it.. My fingers.. well they are about typed off!LOL

Missy